Cleaning Duty | 18

Y/N's POV:

'Why wasn't Jungkook there? Does he not care? Why do I feel this way?  Why do I care?  He's probably just with Ji Woo.'

The day passed by a bit quicker than usual.  I had fun interacting with Bangtan.  They were all real sweethearts and I'm glad to have been friends with them.  

Taehyung and I have gotten a lot closer.  He's such an amazing person, not to mention, his looks are out of this world.  I like being with him and I feel comfortable with his presence.

"Bye guys!"  I said, waving back at them.  It was time for you to head back and start your detention.  I groaned.

"Why, why'd it have to be me?  I'll have to be stuck with him."  You sighed and started walking toward's the devil's room.

"You should be happy that you're stuck with me," he whispered seductively into my ear.  Startled, I hit my head against a locker.  "Yah, you know you should really stop scaring people idiot!"  I glared at him, rubbing my head.

'I really do get hurt literally every second.  Ji Woo and him are the same people.'  

"I'm handsome, sexy, handsome, athletic, handsome, charming, and did I mention handsome?"

"Look Jeon, I don't give a f*ck," I said huffing as I pushed him away.

"Wow, who let the tiger loose?"  

"Just shut up."  I had to admit, I was annoyed and disappointed at him for leaving and not caring about me when I literally got burnt.  I was having a hard time concealing my annoyance because he was acting as if he did nothing wrong.

"Are you mad at me?"  He caught up to you and placed his hands on your shoulder, stopping me in my tracks.

"No, no I'm not.  I'm just having a bad day okay?  Now if you don't mind, hands off."  I pushed his hands off and continued walking.  Even though I was annoyed as hell with him, I still cared enough to keep his "girlfriend's" secret.

"Are you mad at me leaving you when Ji Woo spilled her tea all over you?"  

"N-no, I'm not," I lied.

"You sure?  You seem pretty mad.  Kinda looks sexy on you."  Jungkook smirked at you and winked.

"Yah, stop it with your fuckboy comments.  And stop it, I'm not mad at you, just go away for a lifetime!"  You stuck your tongue out and ran away.

"Look, I left with Ji Woo because she said that she needed me to help her with something.  She also said that you were fine and that you wanted me to go with her."

My eyebrows furrowed.  'That liar!'   I collected myself and sighed.  If I was him, I would've probably gone too if a physco b*tch told me all those lies.

"I'm not mad at you Jungkook.  I was just upset to get another detention, that's all.  I'm sorry if it came off as me being mad at you."  I smiled weakly at him before turning the door knob to the english classroom.

"It's fine Y/N, I get those days too," he said before smiling and following you into the room.  I just chuckled at his tendency to believe everything.

Miss. Lee was standing there, writing something on the board.  She turned around and smirked.  "I can see that both of you are here."

I wanted to roll my eyes at her so badly.  'Well no duh Einstein, why wouldn't we be here?  Don't you have eyes?'

I guess Jungkook could see my struggle because he started laughing silently.  

"I don't think the two of you will find this funny when you're out there in the hallway cleaning."  She walked over and handed Jungkook and I two pairs of gloves, two toothbrushes, and a disgusting moldy bucket.

"Don't you dare leave school grounds if the halls aren't clean," Miss. Lee sneared.  She left the classroom, leaving the door wide open.

"God, no wonder she's still single.  No one can stand her with that  attitude," Jungkook said, glaring at her with his cute bunny expression.

It was your turn to laugh now.  "True that Jeon."

"By the way, we need to start finishing up our English project."

"When were you so responsible?"  I looked up at him confused and amused.

"I might look like an idiot but I'm not dumb enough to think that failing is good," he said rolling his eyes.

"You don't just look like one, you are one.  We can just head over to my house yesterday since we keep going to yours."  

"Are your parents going to be home?"

"Why would you even ask that.  Yes, you idiot.  I live with them, and by the time we return from cleaning, they'd probably be sleeping."  I said while slipping on the gloves.

"Good, they won't hear all the moans you'll be making," Jungkook said smirking.

"YAH!  I would never bang you even if you were the last man on earth.  Shut up and just clean already."  I was extremely flustered, so I left to go get water from the cafeteria sink nearby.  I carried the gross bucket and started filling it up with water.

Once it was filled up, I grabbed the black handle and tried to lift it up.  It was too heavy for me.  I could lift it up for about an inch before my hands gave up on me.  'Darn it.  I'm not going to ask him for help.  Never.  No matter what I'm not going to ask him for help.'

I attempted to lift it up again, this time emptying a bit of the water out before heaving it up.  It still wouldn't budge.  Groaning, I tried lifting it up for a third time.  "I give up," I mumbled in defeat.

"Need help?"  

"Wtf Jungkook?  What's with you and surprising the sh*t outta people?"

"Watch your mouth babygirl," he said.  He put his fingers on your lips and then placed them on his cheek.

"Sometime's I wonder why I even talk to you.  You're so werid.  Now get out of my way so I can carry this bucket."

"From what I observed, you tried three times and failed each time."

"I was just warming up okay?"  I reached for the bucket again and was about to lift it when a pair of hands landed on mines.

"Let me carry it."

To be Continued...