#1

⚠️Abuse⚠️

*3 years ago*

Anna's POV

"Get down here now you stupid excuse of a child!" The door opens and I sigh
Here we go again I think she's home and she sounds more drunk than ever. I rush down the stairs as fast as I possibly can to avoid too many injuries but I know I'll still get hurt.

Just as I hit the bottom of the stairs I hear the front door open again and the clanking of glass bottles following footsteps.

"Anna what is this!"
Dad points to the empty wine glass from last night on the coffee table.
"I'm sorry dad I'll clean it up now" I say trying not to be afraid.
I turn around about to pick up the glass when I feel a fist meet my cheek.
"YOU STUPID CHILD I CAN'T GET YOU TO DO ANYTHING RIGHT CAN I?" Pushing me into the glass coffee table as he screams at me whilst walking into the other room.
Welp. Let's add that to the collection of bruises I have.

Walking up to the kitchen sink, I see Mum filling up her glass again. She spills the alcohol all over the bench.
"This is all your fault Anna," the coldness in her voice, "if you weren't born I would be so much happier I would have to deal with you." She swings at me, slapping me with so much force I fall to the floor. I crawl into the corner as she steps closer to me. She swings the wine bottle over my head making me become very dizzy.

Another punch to the face

A kick to the stomach

Another set of words attacking me

Dad walks in to join in on the fun

Glass bottles meet my face

Dad kicks me in the stomach

He grabs my arm and roughly drags me up the stairs

A punch to the ribs

I feel blackness surrounding me with sirens in the background.

I see an unknown man pick me up an place me on a stretcher.

I see black.

—Time skip—

I open my eyes to see a plain white room.

Hold on this isn't my room?

A cheery face opens the door.
"Hi darling. My name is nurse Tompkins. Do you know what happened?"
"Umm I was at home and mum and dad were hitting me" I responded.
"Yes," nurse Tompkins says, "unfortunately your parents have been taken away and you have suffered multiple cuts to your face and have broken your arm."

I just nod.

"I'll be back if you need me press this button and I'll come," she says pointing to a button and walks out the door.

All I can do is stare at the ceiling and think.

What happens now?

Where do I go?

Will I have to see my parents again?

I lay there for a while until the door opens with nurse Tompkins again but also with two police officers. The police officers sit across from me whilst asking me some questions such as
"Have you parent hurt you before?"
"How long have they been doing it?"
Which I just responded with very basic answers because in all honesty I'm not in the mood to talk.

"What happens to me now?" I pipe up with.
One of the officers; I think her name was Officer Kate; sighs and says, " Once you can leave we will be taking you to the nearest orphanage." They both walk out the door whilst I stare at the ceiling, again.

————————————————————————Hey everyone welcome to my first book. I'll try and update regularly but I'm pretty lazy so forgive me in advance. Just a heads up I'm from Australia and have never been to America in my life so I'll most likely get things wrong. I'll try my best but feel free to tell me if I've done something incorrect and I'll try and change it.

I hope you enjoy and just remember to:
❤️Drink some water
❤️Have something to eat
❤️Take any medication needed
❤️Do something you love

Love you all stay safe and amazing see ya.
Kelsey 😊