#35

⚠️

Anna's POV

"Come on, you need to go to soundcheck"

We had been watching movies all afternoon until Zack came into Tyler and Josh's hotel room. The boys get up, leaving me and Gerard.

"Want to go for a walk?" He asks.
"Sure"

I message mum to tell her that I'm with Gerard and we leave the hotel.

We walk down some old streets and just talk. We find a cafe and Gerard decides he wants some coffee so we enter the cafe.

We take a seat after placing our order and I see someone vaguely familiar. They turn around and look at me. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. It's Jason what do I do? My breathing starts getting shaky.
"Anna? Are you ok?"
I shake my head,
"It's Jason. The kid who would bully me everyday."
"It's ok. He can't hurt you now. Take a deep breath in and out." He says in a soft voice.
I follow his instructions until I'm not shaking.

The waiter gives us Gerard his coffee and me my milkshake and we sit and talk but I don't really remember what we are talking about, all I could think about was the fact that Jason was sitting in the same room as me, again.

*Flashback*

"Ha. You stupid bitch you can't do anything right. You are an orphan freak and you'll never be adopted."
He punches me in the face, hard.
After a few kicks to the stomach, he and his friends walk off laughing leaving me crying on the ground.

*End of Flashback*

"A? Come on, let's go"
I nod, stand up and follow him to the door. We start walking back to the hotel and I thought we might not have to deal with Jason.

"Yo! Orphan freak!"
Crap.
I turn around and see Jason right behind me and he runs up to me.
"Haven't see you in a while. I thought you killed yourself. I really wish you did though. When are you coming back to school?"
"I-I'm not"
"Aww is little miss Anna scared?" He says in a baby voice, "of course you are coming back to school!" He shouts.
"No I'm not," I say more confident, "I was adopted and I now live in America."
"Lies. No one would adopt a freak like you and if you were adopted, why are you here if you were adopted to go to America."
"My father is in a band and travels the world."
"Stop making shit up you stupid bitch"
"Google Anna Urie"

He pulls out his phone and I assume he googles me.
"Panic! at the Disco. What kinda name is that?"
"An amazing name along with an amazing dad."
"Fuck you go kill yourself. You don't deserve shit."
"Excuse me. Would you like to repeat that?" Gerard asks him, coming up behind me. I had no idea where he went.
"Oh don't worry sir. It's just acting for our school play." Jason lies. Gerard raises an eyebrow.
"Except I know it's not because I know Anna and I briefly know you. So I suggest you run along now."
Jason glares at me and I thought that would be the end of it, but I see him clench his fist and swing it at me. He knocks me to the ground but Gerard catches me before I hit the ground. Jason must of been wearing a ring or something because I could feel my cheek bleeding.
"Kill yourself freak"
He runs off before Gerard could punch him back.

I start crying. I thought I had escaped him but apparently not.
"Shh it's alright. We'll go back to the hotel and clean you up."
"I-I th-thought that I-I would never h-have to see him a-again" I sob.
"I know" he says. He picks me up and walks back to the hotel with me on his back.

"Anna? What happened?" Pete exclaims when we enter the hotel. He was leaving just as we were entering.
"Her old school bully." Gerard puts simply. I see the anger rise in Pete.
"Pete it's ok. I'm ok."

Pete comes with us to Gerard's hotel room. Gerard places me on the kitchen bench and finds some disinfectant and cotton wool. He disinfects my cut and cleans it. Thankfully it wasn't a huge cut so it wouldn't need stitches or anything.
"What the hell happened?" Pete asks.

I tell Pete what happened, from walking into the cafe to Pete finding us.
"Geez A, I'm so sorry"
By this point I was full on crying. I hadn't heard those words from a actual human in a very long time.
"We all love you and we need you to stay alive ok? I don't care what anyone else says. We need you" Gerard says firmly.

From Dad: where are you? You've been a while. Want to come to the venue? I have a surprise for you.

"Dad wants us at the venue" I tell the boys showing them the message.
They both share a gland and smile
"You two know what's happening don't you?"
"Maybe" Pete drags out.
"But we aren't telling you so don't even try" Gerard adds. I fake huff.

From me: Sorry. We are coming now.
From Dad: don't be sorry see you soon.

The three of us get into an Uber and go to the venue. I had no idea what to expect.

———

"Surprise!" Everyone shouts as we enter Panic!'s dressing room backstage.
"Huh? What?"
"Happy Birthday Anna" mum says kissing my forehead. "What happened to your cheek?"
"Oh umm, my old school bully Jason. We ran into him and he punched me." I whispered quietly enough so only she heard. She hugs me.
"But what is this?" I ask.
"It's your birthday" Tyler says.

I couldn't believe that they remembered, I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want any fuss and I hated celebrating my birthday.
You shouldn't of made it to your 14th birthday you should of died.

"Oh" I say quietly. Pete looks at me odd but I brush it off and put on a smile.
"Thank you guys. You didn't have to"
"Of course we did. You're my daughter and we all love you." Dad kisses my forehead and hugs me.

Everyone passes me a gift or a bag.
"Please no. I don't want anything." I refuse.
"Too bad" Josh smiles, "take them."
They all place their gifts in front of me and I slowly open them.
You don't deserve any of these things
I know
So why are you accepting them?
Because I don't have a choice

I had opened all but one. I had so far gotten a phone case, band shirts and jackets, art supplies, earphones, some guitar picks and a capo.
"This last one was Tyler's idea, but it's from all of us." Dad tells me. I open the last gift and inside was a ukulele and a guitar strap. The guitar strap had the logos from all the bands. I picked up the ukulele and turned it over. I almost started crying. Everyone had signed it. I looked up at everyone.
"Thank you" I whisper. "Thank you so much. I feel like I don't deserve this and this is more than I could ever ask for."
Mum hugs me. "Of course you deserve it love."

"Wait is this why you and Gerard are here?" I ask her, looking at Gerard. He smiles and nods. "It was your fathers idea"
I hug dad. "Thank you"
"Of course kid"
I hug everyone else and tell them all thank you. Dad takes me out of the room.

"Hey I wanted to ask you something. I was going to surprise you but I thought it would be best to ask. Can I bring you on stage tonight and sing happy birthday?"
I stare at him.
"I'm sorry dad I don't think I can, not after last time." I say almost crying.
"It's ok. I understand."
"Thank you"
"What happened to your face?"
I sigh
"When Gerard and I were out, we ran into Jason and he punched me."
He hugs me
"It's ok. He can't hurt you again. I won't let him"

—————————————

Hey everyone
I'm glad you are enjoying the book. I love seeing you guys comment, they make my day. Thank you for all the comments, votes and reads. I appreciate every single one.

❤️love you all
❤️ I appreciate you all
❤️Stay safe and alive

Kelsey 😊