#47

⚠️

Anna's POV

Well. I had never told people that much before.
Now their going to be watching your every move
Crap they are too

———

I wake in the early hours of the morning at about 4 am. I look over to the other bed and see dad snoring softly. I grab my phone and my earphones and plug them in.

Voices hearing you loud
We're taking the sound back with us
Now I'm hearing you loud
We're coming around
Just give us more

I smile as Gerard's voice fills my ears, it was very comforting. Staring at the ceiling, I think about how me living with Brendon and touring with everyone is most fans dream and I was just being a sad, self centred bitch. They kept assuring me that it was ok and that I wasn't being self-centred but I thought otherwise.

At about 6 am, dad's alarm went off and he woke up.
"Morning kiddo."
"Morning dad. What's the plan for today?"
"Well we have a flight to São Paulo in about 2 hours which will take us 12 hours. We'll go to the hotel and spend the rest of the night there before going to soundcheck the next day and doing the concert."
"Ok."

From Josh: morning Anna. Tyler won't get up. Wanna come wake him up?
From me: yesss just let me get changed first

"Josh wants me to go wake up Tyler," I explain looking up from my phone, "so I'll be back."
I grab my leggings and IDKHOW hoodie and change into them before going and knocking on Josh and Tyler's door.
"Morning Little Urie."
"Morning."
"Tyler's still in bed, asleep."
"Well I can change that."
Josh giggles a little.

I make my way over to Tyler's bed.
"Tyler? Wake up."
"No." he mumbles.
"Well then I guess I'm going to have to wake you up in a more aggressive way."
I jump on the bed and tickle Tyler.
"Anna," he laughs, "no wait I'll get up."
"No chance mister, this is payback."
He rolls around the bed before falling on to the floor.
"Right ok I'm up." he laughs getting up off the floor.
"Good morning Tyler!" I smile. He shakes his head.
"Good morning Anna, what was that for?"
"You are supposed to get up and you weren't, so payback."
"Fair play kid."
"Bye." I smile as I walk out the door.
"Bye." The boys say simultaneously.
I walk back to my hotel room and get a message from Pete.

Tyler's POV

"She seems a lot happier." Josh says as she leaves the hotel room.
"Yeah."
Josh didn't know the full extent of what happened but he, like the rest of them, knew something was wrong and that she wasn't happy.
"I just hope she stays this way." I think out loud.

From Pete: Hey, meet me downstairs. It's about Anna
From me: ok I'll be there in 5

"Speaking of Anna, Pete wants to talk to me."
"Oh. Is everything ok?"
"I don't know," I say while throwing a t-shirt over my head, "I'll be back."
"Alright."

Making my way down to the lobby, I run in to Gerard.
"Hey." I say.
"Hey where are you going?"
"To meet Pete he wants to talk to me."
"Oh. I'm going to see Pete as well."
"Do you know what it could be about?"
"No idea. I do know that Pete went to see Anna last night so maybe it's related."
"Maybe."

We find Pete sitting in one of the chairs, scrolling through his phone.
"Morning." I say and he looks up.
"Good morning."
"So what's this about?" Gerard asks, concerned. Pete sighs.
"Come with me."
"Don't we have a plane to catch soon?"
"Yeah but this shouldn't take long."

We follow Pete to a quiet cafe nearby and find a seat. We stare at Pete until he speaks up.
"I think Anna wants to end her life." he says quietly. Both Gerard and I look at each other terrified.
He went on and explained what happened last night, Anna crying and shouting about not wanting to be here before almost relapsing.
"Anna told Brendon but I don't know whether it's only thoughts or if it's any more serious," he explains, "I just thought that you should know, she knows that I'm telling you."
Gerard and I both sit in stunned silence as Pete starts tearing up. I was shocked, but glad, that she told Pete because that's not the easiest thing to tell anyone.

From Josh: hey man is everything alright? You need to get back to the hotel because we are going to leave without you otherwise.

I glance at my phone.
"They're going to leave without us we need to get back." I say quietly, I was still in shock from what Pete had just said.
"You good?" Pete asks.
"Yeah I'm just worried."
"Me too."

I look over at Gerard.
"I'm ok," he says, "just scared for Anna."
I nod my head and get up. We all make our way back to the hotel.

Anna's POV

I anxiously walk around our hotel room.
"Anna? You ok?" Dad asks.
"Pete's telling Tyler and Gerard about what happened last night." I explain.
"Oh. It's alright come here." He pulls me into a hug and sits me down on the couch. "Breathe in and out." I follow what he says and calm down a little.
"Sorry." I whisper into his chest.
"Don't apologise, it's ok."

We sit in silence for a little bit, me resting my head on his shoulder and him running his fingers though my hair. I have a thought and quickly get up. I get a little dizzy from lack of food but I brush it off.
"You good?"
I hold up my finger as if to say 'wait a minute' and run to my belongings.
Don't do it
You have to leave them there
Don't take them out

I shake the thought until I can find what I am looking for.
"Here." I say holding out my hand. Dad holds out his hand and I place my 3 blades that I packed in his hand. His eyes widen.
"I haven't used them since two days before arriving here," I explain, "but with everything going on in my mind, I think it might be best if I don't have them. Plus I want to stop."

Dad stares at the blades for a bit before placing them down on the coffee table and standing up,and hugging me.
"I'm so fucking proud of you Anna Rose Urie. I'm so glad you did that." He says with tears in his eyes.
"Aww dad don't cry."
He smiles and wipes the tears away, leaving his eyes slightly red.
Someone knocked on our door and I go and open it to revel Pete, Tyler and Gerard.
"Hey." I say, smiling.
They all give me a group hug before letting me go and looking at dad.
"Brendon, were you smoking and getting high before we get on the plane?" Pete says, noticing his red eyes. I die laughing and dad just smiles and shakes his head.
"No. I'm proud of my daughter," he says and points at the blades, "she gave them to me all by herself."
This triggers another group hug and various praises.
"I don't know what this is, but we need to get going." We turn around and see Zack standing in the doorway. Dad and I grab my stuff.
"Wait," Dad says, "Zack could you give us a second."
"Fine. But be quick." He leaves the room.

I turn around and give dad a confused look.
He grabs the blades and go to the bathroom, he encourages us to follow him.
He throws them into the toilet and flushes it. I watch the blades go down the drain.
This is the right thing to do. Right?
"Well done Anna" Tyler whispers in my ear and I give him a half smile.

We make our way to the lobby.
"Well there you are. Took you long enough." Ryan exclaims. "But nice hoodie." I smile at him. I had forgotten I had a IDKHOW hoodie on.
"What took you so long?" Dallon asks.
"And why does it look like Brendon has been crying? Or is he high?" Patrick adds.
"Why does everyone assume I'm high?!" Dad exclaims.
They all give him a look.
"Oh ok then. Fine." He says.
"Sorry we were late, we were taking care of something." I say, smiling at the others who smile back.
"Ok then." Dallon says.
"Come on." Zack says, annoyed.
"Yeah come on you lot." I say running to Zack and the car.
"Oh alright then little miss Aussie." Josh says laughing.
"Miss Aussie over here thinks she can show up late and boss us around? I think not." Dan laughs, chasing me.
Every time I said Australian slang or something they would call me that.

We pile into the bus and I see Tyler whisper to Josh who looks over and gives me the biggest smile. I return it. I assume that Josh briefly knew because he knew why I ran off all those months ago, so I also assumed that Tyler just told him what happened. I didn't want to do that anymore and I wanted to get better. And now matter how much suicide sounds like the best option, I wasn't going to do it.

———————————————

Sooo... this book has 10k reads... what the heck! I can't believe it. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it and I love seeing your comments too. ❤️❤️

Kelsey :)