#72

Anna's POV

"I'm home, I'm home, I'm home, I'm home, I'm home." I sing to the tune of the song from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, skipping into the house, Mum and dad were behind me. I walk into the kitchen to find Josh, Pete, Gerard, Tyler, Mikey and Patrick.
"Little Urie!" Patrick yells.
"Hello." I hug him and the others in turn.
"Welcome home."
"Thank you. I'm so happy to be back."
"You scared us kid." Mikey says.
"I'm sorry." I mumble.
"It's ok as long as you're ok."
"I'm not 100%, but I'm getting there."
"That's good to hear."

I go upstairs and ask dad to come too. I sit on my bed and pat the space next to me and he sits down next to me.

"What's up?"
"I just wanted to say sorry, I ruined Christmas and I was so stubborn in hospital for the first few days. I want to try and get better. Can you help me?"
"Oh A, of course I will. Don't worry about Christmas. We are going to have so many more Christmas' together, I promise. You are have so much support here and if you can't talk to me or Sarah, I know you can talk to Pete, Gerard, Tyler, Dallon or any one of them. We all love you so much. I love you"
"I love you too Dad."
I give him a hug.
"Can I ask something?"
"Anything."
"I know you have to monitor me when I eat and stuff but can you, like, not watch me eat or check up on me every 20 seconds, it makes me anxious. I'd like it if we kinda forgot all this happened."
"I'll try my best but I'm not going to forget about this, you scared me."
"I'm sorry." He wraps me up in another hug.
"I'm going to have a proper shower and get into proper clothes."
"Go for it."

I turn the tap on and let the steamy hot water hit my back. The water in the hospital wasn't very warm so all my showers were cold-lukewarm. Once I freshen up, I find some leggings, a t-shirt and one of dads sweaters he gave me. I grab my fluffy blanket that I received for Christmas, wrap it around my shoulders and go downstairs. The boys all had a gift with them.

"We never got to give you your Christmas presents so here." Pete says holding out a parcel. I take it and sit down next to him. I unwrap it to find a Daniel Howell weighted blanket. I give Pete a huge hug. I open up everyone else's presents and give them each a hug. From Mikey I got Mikey Fucking Way picks, Josh gave me some customised drumsticks, Tyler gave me a ukulele amp, Patrick got me some AmazingPhil odd socks and Gerard got me a happy hoodie.
"Thank you so much guys, I love you all." I grab take my sweater off and quickly change into my happy hoodie so my scars aren't exposed for too long and I wrap my DH blanket over me.
"Drinks anyone?" Mum says. We all nod and she grabs a selection of soft drinks and juice boxes. I happily grab an orange juice. Dad puts on a movie and I lean against him.

———

I open my eyes and look at the clock. I had been asleep for 4 hours. Everyone was also asleep so I quietly make my way to my room and sit on my bed and grab my laptop to watch some YouTube.

After some time, Pete knocks on my door.
"How's it going?"
"Good. Watching some YouTube."
"Cool."
"Serious question."
"Yeah?"
"You were talking about fighting your demons and stuff, how did you do that? How do I stop this war inside my head?" He sits down on my chair.
"You get help and find something you love doing. For me it was songwriting. Writing stuff down helps me sort things out in my head."
"Yeah, I've kinda done that. I have lots of random notes in my phone with lyrics I've come up with."
"That's awesome. Does it help you?"
"Yeah."
"Do you enjoy it?"
"A lot."
"Then if you want, I think you should keep doing it. It's up to you but that's just what helps me."
"Ok thank you."
"Of course, always up for a chat kid anytime. Also dinners ready."
"Ok."

We walk downstairs and the smell of pumpkin soup hits us. I take one of the empty seats next to dad and Pete takes the one next to me. I notice an extra person at the table.
"Oh hello Jenna."
"Hey how are you?"
"I'm alright. How are you?"
"Good thank you."
I take a small bowl of soup and try to ignore everyone watching me.
"So have you guys got anything better to do than watch me?" I laugh.
"Sorry." They mumble.
We eat dinner and Jenna brings out some cupcakes she made.
"I can't dad." I whisper to him.
"It's ok darling I'm proud of you." He whispers back.
"Can I go back to my room?"
"No you-"
"Have to be monitored." I interrupt.
"Sorry."
"It's ok."
"What are you two whispering about?" Mikey laughs.
"Nothing really I'm just annoyed I can't go to my room."
"Can I go in the living room then?" I asks after a minute, I didn't really want to be around food anymore.
"If you want."
"Thanks." I take everyone's plate to the kitchen and stack them in the dishwasher.