#48

⚠️

Brendon's POV

"I think Anna needs professional help."
We were in a hotel in Cape Town, South Africa. Anna and Gerard had gone exploring while Pete and I stayed at the hotel. I wasn't sure where the rest of the bands were.
Pete's head snaps up from his phone and looks at me.
"What?"
"I think Anna needs professional help." I repeat, "She might of given up her blades but that doesn't stop the war inside her head."
Pete nods his head slowly.
"Agreed but you can't force her. Talk to her."
"I know, I will."

From Anna: hey dad. Want to come join us for lunch? We found Tyler, Josh, Joe and Dan

"Want to go get lunch with Anna, Gerard and some of the others?" I ask. Pete nods his head, we had been working non stop for about 4 hours.

From me: Sure. Were are you?
From Anna: Cape Town fish market
From me: rightio we'll be there soon

Pete and I make our way down to the lobby and call a taxi that takes us to the restaurant.

"Dad!" Anna yells and engulfs me into a hug.
"Hey kiddo," I laugh, "How was your day?"
"Pretty good. Gerard and I walked on the waterfront and explored around there and after lunch Gerard, Tyler, Josh, Joe, Dan and I are going up to Table Mountain. You wanna come?"
"Sure. Pete?"
"Sounds good." he nods.

We find a seat and order our food. It comes and we all dig in. I look over at Anna who was laughing and joining with the conversation. Most importantly, she was eating. I smile and join back in with the conversation.

"Joe, dragons and dinosaurs are not the same thing!" Anna laughs.
"Yes they are, they are both scaly."
"No they aren't. Dinosaurs actually use to exist whereas dragons have not."

We finish our lunch and catch a taxi to the bottom of Table Mountain. We catch a cable car to the top and Anna looks out, amazed and scared.
"Yikes this is high." She says.
Shit. I forgot about her fear of heights.
"Are you ok?" I ask quietly.
"Ah, yeah I think so."
"Ok. Let me know if you're not."
She nods and then grins.
"What?" I ask grinning, knowing she up to something.
"IM ON TOP OF THE WORLD HEY!"
Anna, Pete, Joe and I all burst out laughing and receive a few strange looks from people walking by.
"What the hell is going on?" Dan asks amused. Gerard, Josh and Tyler walk behind Dan and approach us confused.
"IM ON TOP OF THE WORLD HEY!" Anna shouts again.
The four of them shake there head in amusement.

We walk around the mountain for a while, looking at the view before Anna taps on my arm. I look over at her.
"Can we go? I don't like it up here." She whispers.
"Yeah sure come on."

"Yo," I say walking up to the rest of them, "Anna and I are going back down. You coming or staying?"
"I'll come back," Gerard says.
Tyler nods, "me too."
"We're going to stay." Joe says and Dan, Pete and Josh nod.
"Alright. See ya later."

We catch the cable car back down.
"Anna, you ok?" I hear Tyler whisper.
She nods.
"I don't like heights." She whispers back.

We walk back down to the waterfront and I notice an older man, maybe in his 60's, watching us. I thought nothing of it until he started following us.
"Let's go get coffee." I say, trying not to raise suspicion.
"Sure." Gerard says. He's always up for coffee.
We turn a few corners and I look over my shoulder and see the man behind us.
Maybe he's a fan?
No if he were a fan, surely he would say something not creepily follow us.

I find a cafe and enter it, the rest of them following me. I anxiously glance around and see that he came in too.

"Dad are you ok? You seem anxious"