#28

Anna's POV

"Whatcha doing?" Patrick comes up to me.
I quickly shut my notebook and look up at him.
"Oh nothing"
"Suspicious much. What are you up to missy?"
"If you must know, I'm writing songs"
"Wait. Seriously? Can I see?"
I shake my head.
Definitely not
"Please?" he begs.
"Not yet. Maybe when they're done" I lie I wasn't going to show anyone I don't think.
"Fine. But if you want some help let me know" he fake pouts.
"Thanks, I'll keep that in mind."

"Dallon, Ryan! You're on in 2" one of the stage hands says.
The boys rush out.
"Dad?"
"Hmm" he says taking a sip of his beer. He was still wary with alcohol around me, but I assured him it was ok.
"Can I go watch from backstage? Please?"
"Ok. Just stay with Zack"
"Thanks dad" I give him a hug and run up to Zack who was waiting by the stage.
"Hey kiddo. You want to watch?" He knew the drill, if I wanted to watch I had to stay with him. Thankfully he didn't mind looking after a 13 year old girl obsessed with everyone's music.
"Yep"

———

Everyone finishes their set and I was exhausted from not sleeping the night before and dancing backstage during the concert. We get back on the van and start to fall asleep on dads shoulder. I try and fight it but I can't.

I wake up to someone picking me up.
"It's alright just me." Dad whispers.
He takes me back to our room. I was going to go to sleep straight away but he stops me.
"You can't sleep in jeans. Go get changed."
I tiredly go get changed into pyjamas and flop onto the bed. I get under the blanket and close my eyes. Dad kisses my forehead.
"Goodnight A. Love you"
"Goodnight Dad"

Brendon's POV

I was worried about Anna. She didn't sleep at all last night and hadn't slept much for the past few nights. I had heard her pacing around her room and taking showers in the early hours of the morning. I knew she had cut herself again. She was trying to hide it but I saw the way she flinched in the airport. I was scared for her. She never told any of us why she did it. I knew that she was trying to forget about her past but if it was the reason for her not sleeping or cutting herself I wanted to help her. I knew she was comfortable with Gerard even though she only met him once. Maybe when we get back home, he could get her to open up if I couldn't get her to or Pete or Tyler couldn't.
I drift off to sleep with my head full of thoughts.

———

"Dad! Come on! Wake up!" I wake to Anna shaking me violently.
"I'm up, I'm up!" I laugh.
We were heading to Manchester. I hadn't told Anna yet, but once we had finished touring the UK, we were coming back to London for a day due to it being a place she has always wanted to see, I had also organised a special surprise for her.
"Even though I didn't get to see much of it, I loved London" she says. I just smile and walk to the bathroom to take a shower.

We all meet downstairs and get in the van and prepare for the 5 hour trip. Anna has plugged her music in and was looking out the window, Jake was editing some photos, Pete, Patrick, Dallon and Tyler were song writing and everyone else was either reading or playing on their phones. I sit down next to Anna and pull out my phone.

5 hours later we arrive at the venue and we have to immediately go to soundcheck. Anna says she's going to wait in our dressing room and she walks away with her guitar and a notebook.
I tell her not to wonder off and she promises not to.

———

After soundcheck I wander into dressing room and find Anna strumming her guitar and mumbling words to herself.
"Whatcha singing?"
She jumps a mile high.
"Sorry didn't mean to scare you"
"It's ok."
"Soooo What are you singing?"
"Nothing"
"Really?" I raise my eyebrow.
"Yep"
I didn't believe her but I didn't want to push it so I changed the subject.
"Would you like to get some lunch?"
"Alright"

Anna, Joe, Ryan, Tyler, Nicole and I all find a restaurant not too far away from the venue and get some lunch. I see Anna looking at the menu, slightly scared.
"You good?" I whisper to her.
"Yeah I think so"
"What do you want?"
"Dunno. I kinda just want a salad. I'm not that hungry."
"You sure?" I ask worried, I hadn't seen her eat much.
"Yeah and maybe some chips? Sorry, fries" she corrects herself.
"You know you can order whatever you want. Don't worry about the price"
"Ok. But yeah that's all I want"
"Do you want me to order for you?" Josh had explain to me how Anna hated ordering her food.
"Yes please thank you" she smiles at me with relief in her eyes.

I order her salad and fries along with my burger and fries. Our food doesn't take long to arrive and we all eat our lunch in comfortable silence.

"Thanks for lunch dad"
"No problem kiddo but you don't have to thank me"

"Oh my gosh! Are you Brendon Urie?" I hear a voice call out as we exit the restaurant.
I laugh "Yes that would be me"
"Oh my gosh! I love you and your work"
"Thank you I love you too. What's your name?"
"Kayla. Can we have a photo please?"
"Yes of course we can"

She side eyes Anna and shoves the phone in her hand.
"You can take the photo"
"Ok sure" Anna says with a fake cheerful smile.
She takes the photo and Kayla walks off.

Anna's POV

"Anna why didn't you answer someone's question on Twitch yesterday?"
"Why won't you talk about your biological parents?"
"Did they hurt you?"
Suddenly we are swarmed with news reporters shoving mics and cameras in my face. My heart rate increases at all the people surrounding me, it was like they were suffocating me.

Dad grabs my hand and rushes me out of the swarm. Everyone else follows to. Dad let go of my hand and Tyler grabs it as dad gets his phone. I couldn't hear what he was saying properly, but I assumed it was Zack.
"News reporters...questions...Anna...coming"

I couldn't really hear anything only my heart rate. Why do they want to know about my past? They can't know. What about if-
"Anna? Can you hear me? Pay attention to my voice."
I snap out of my thoughts and see Tyler in front of me, worried.
I couldn't breathe, I thought I was being strangled.
"It's ok. You're safe. They can't come in here. Breathe. It'll be ok. In and out."
I start bawling my eyes out.
"Wh-y d-do th-ey want t-to kn-ow?" I shake out.
"Because they want whatever news they can get" Tyler rubs my back.
I see dad looking at his phone.
"What is it?" Tyler asks.
Dad gives Tyler his phone and I look over at the phone full of twitter posts and news articles.

Anna Urie: What's her past?

Does Anna Urie have a secret?

@/beebosmith: why did Anna not answer the question about her parents yesterday?

@/P!attheTØP: We just asked a simple question @/annarurie give us an answer

The list went on and on. Trending on Twitter: #AnnaUrie. I started crying again. "Shh it's ok. It'll die down eventually. It always does" dad said hugging me.

Zack walks in to the dressing room. "They'll probably stay outside the stage backdoor for a while so I suggest not going out there."
"Ok. Thanks Zack" dad says.

I let go of dad and grab my phone. I see some of the tweets and tagged photos on Instagram.
"Don't worry about those" I look up and see Josh.
He hugs me. "It's alright you don't have to tell them anything. It'll go away eventually"
I half smile and he picks my up and carries me out to the main stage. "Put me down, what are you doing?"
"I don't know I just wanted to see you smile." He shrugs.