#57

⚠️

Anna's POV

I wake in an unfamiliar room and it takes me a moment to realise where I was. I turn my alarm off and get ready for school. Liam still wasn't home and honestly I didn't mind. I throw on some jeans and dad's Panic! hoodie that he gave me.
"It's going to be ok." I mumble to myself.

It doesn't take long before I reach the school and I immediately feel uncomfortable. Everyone was staring at me.
"Isn't that Anna Urie?" I hear some people whisper. I put my head down and walk towards a building which I hoped was the office. It thankfully was and there was an grumpy looking office lady.
"How can I help you?" She grumps.
"Uh it's my first day."
"Name."
"Anna U-Heed." I forgot that my legal last name was now Heed.
"Yep here's your schedule and locker number." She says throwing some pieces of paper on the desk towards me.
"Thank you."
I look at my schedule.

English
Maths
Geography
Lunch
History
Chemistry

No music. I guess Liam wasn't going to let me and that made me sad.
"Hi are you new?"
"Uh yeah." I say looking up.
"I'm Imogen."
"I'm Anna."
"You're not from here are you?"
"No. I was born in Australia and moved to LA earlier this year, then I moved here yesterday." I choked trying not to cry.
"That's so cool. Can I see your schedule?"
I show it to her.
"We're in the same class for English, History and Chemistry."
"Do you mind showing me where they are?"
"Of course I don't. Let's go."
Imogen didn't seem that bad and I was hoping that it wouldn't be too bad.

Imogen showed me where all my classes were and then she disappeared to hang out with her friends. I didn't blame her though. Who would want to hang out with me?

"Right class. Today we have a new student with us please make her feel welcome." Miss Grid, the English teacher said. I was thankful she didn't make me introduce myself in front of everyone because I could already feel an anxiety attack brewing. Miss Grid continues her lesson which was about synonyms and antonyms which I had already done online so I just sat there sketching in my book.

———

It was lunch time and I avoid the swarms of people in the cafeteria because I didn't want any questions. I had already been asked 5 times if I was Anna Urie and I didn't answer because I knew I would start crying. I sit in one of the toilet stalls and I hear a few girls walk in talking.
"Did you see that new girl?"
"Yeah she's low key kinda ugly."
"I hear that she was Brendon Urie's adopted daughter but she was too much work for him so he gave her up."
"Really?"
"Yeah."
They giggle and walk off.
I want to go home
I want dad or mum or Gerard or Pete or Dallon or Tyler or someone.
I can't even fucking message them

I pull out a blade that was in my backpack and fiddle with it.
I can't do this
Dad and everyone will be so disappointed with me
They won't know
Do it

I drag the piece of metal across my arm a few times, crying. The bell rings, notifying me that I have to go to my next class. I quickly wrap up the cuts and go to my next class.

Gerard's POV

"Jenna and I are going to go home now and hopefully I can find Anna." Tyler tells me.
When Tyler said that there was a possibility Anna was in Ohio, we felt comfortable knowing that she hadn't left America and that Tyler might be able to look out for her.
"Are you sure it's a good idea?"
"Gee I have to. Brendon and Sarah are breaking. I need to make sure she's safe."
I drive Tyler and Jenna to the airport and wave them goodbye as they enter. I start to drive back to Brendon and Sarah's but I take a detour to the shop to buy some groceries for them. I walk down the aisle with alcohol. I shake my head and quickly walk past it. I couldn't fall back down that hole again.