#25

Brendon's POV

Anna and Gerard came downstairs and Gerard walks towards me.
"Thank you for getting her to eat" I say.
"Of course Brendon"
I glance over at Anna who was talking with Josh and Tyler who, apart from Gerard, were the only ones not drinking.
"I should of known Gee, why didn't I think" I say angry at myself.
"Hey. Don't think about it too much, she's ok"
"Yeah but what if something happened?" I half shout, thinking about what might of happened if Gerard hadn't found her.
"Ok yes but nothing did happen ok?" He tries to comfort me but I was mad so I went outside to cool down.

"Brendon?"
The back door opens and Pete steps out.
"Gerard explained what happened. You can't blame yourself Bren."
"I just can't stop thinking about what might of happened. What if she relapsed, what is she-" Pete cuts me off,
"She didn't though. Don't think like that."
"But I am"
"I know you are, but she's safe"
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure."
"Ok. Thanks Pete" he smiles and pulls me up from the ground and drags me inside.

Anna sees me walk inside and walks up to me with a beer in hand. She hands it to me.
"Here Dad. You can drink it."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. Don't worry about me"
I scruff her head, "I'm your father. It's my job to worry about you."
"Come on dad don't stop having fun because of me"
I sigh, look at her smiling face and grab the beer.

Anna's POV

I didn't want dad to stop having fun because of me so after some hesitation he grabbed the beer.
"Are you sure you don't mind?" Dad asks me for the millionth time.
"Yes. Go. Have fun with your friends."
He cautiously looks at me and walks off towards Dan and Mike.

"Sorry for scaring you" I say looking at Josh.
"All good Little Urie. I'm just glad you're safe"
I smile, "Come on let's go do something fun."

———

It was nearing 4 am and most of the people over had either left or crashed on a couch. The kids and all the females, apart from me and mum, had left at about 10pm. I was sitting outside with Josh, Tyler and Gerard. The only people in this house who weren't asleep because they weren't drunk or normal humans. (Sarah had responsibly gone to bed at just before midnight.)

We were just talking about whatever came to mind. They had told me stories from previous tours and I told them some from when I lived in Australia. I did, however, avoid talking about my parents or anything like that and thankfully, the boys didn't bring it up.

I leaned against Tyler and started to close my eyes.
"Come on A. Let's get you to bed" Tyler whispers softly. I nod my head and stand up. I give all three boys a hug.
"Goodnight see you in the morning"
"Night Anna"
"See ya Little Urie"

I walk upstairs and crash on my bed. I shut my eyes and drift off to sleep.

———

Waking up drenched in sweat was something I hadn't experienced for a while. Normally I just woke up screaming. 5:38. An hour and a half of sleep...this is like the orphanage again. My clothes were sticking to me which I hated so I decided to take a shower.

Once I had washed off the sweat and gotten dressed, I scrolled through my Instagram and saw a few pieces of artwork a fan had done of me and Brendon the other week during a livestream.

From Gerard: So... what are you doing up so early. You only went to sleep an hour and a half ago.
From me: What? How'd you know?
From Gerard: Instagram

Oh damn you Instagram and giving away my active status. Worst update.

From me: oops guess I've been caught. I woke up because of a nightmare
From Gerard: You ok?
From me: Yep. Now, why are you awake?
From Gerard: couldn't sleep

As silently as I can, I walk downstairs and find Gerard sitting outside. I sit down beside him.
We don't say anything, I just lean up against and he wraps his arm around me as we watch the sunrise. It felt nice having Gerard's arm around me, I felt safe.
"When do you go back on tour?"
"Next week I believe. Why?"
"Just asking"

"You know, Tyler was telling me about how you ran. What was with that?"
I sigh, I didn't really want to talk about it.
"I'm not sure. I freaked out when Tyler knew I had relapsed and I got scared and my first instinct was to run."
"You shouldn't run from your problems you know?"
"I know"

We sit watching the sun continue to rise until I fall asleep on his shoulder.

Gerard's POV

The little girl fell asleep on my shoulder after a bit so I picked her up and took her back to her room. I placed her on her bed and covered her with a blanket, her sleeve rolled up and I could see her cuts and scars more clearly this time. It broke my heart. She apparently hadn't told anyone why she had relapsed and I don't think we would be getting a legitimate answer anytime soon.

———

Anna's POV

I wake up back in my bed very confused. Oh Gerard must of brought me back up here
Walking downstairs, I look at the clock, 10am, and I couldn't here any noise. I see everyone still passed out. I quietly laugh to myself and start cleaning up the mess from last night.
"Thanks A. You didn't have to do this" a voice says and I jump, "sorry didn't mean to scare you"
"All good and it's ok dad."
I turn and look at him and he looks like crap. I hand him a glass of water and he takes it, giving me a smile to say thanks.
"Go have a shower dad. You'll feel better"
He nods and drags himself upstairs.

Everyone else slowly starts to wake up and I hand them all a glass of water. Tyler laughs. "This is why I didn't drink"

I made some toast and place it in the table for everyone to help themselves. Brendon comes down and takes a piece, "Thank you" he mumbles.

The toast is quickly eaten and everyone leaves to go home.
"It's was nice to meet you Anna"
"You too Gerard. I hope to see you again"
"Definitely" he hugs me and leaves.

—————————————————————

I wasn't going to upload a chapter today but I felt like I had to, to say thank you so much for 1k reads. I appreciate every single one of you and I love reading your comments they make me smile. I'm glad you are enjoying the story.

❤️Stay safe
❤️Stay alive
❤️It's worth it

Kelsey 😊