#3

⚠️

Anna's POV

—Time Skip to Lunch—

Walking into the cafeteria I see everyone's eyes shift towards me and they whisper to their friends, probably whispering about the latest rumour about me. I grab my food and walk out to my spot.

My spot is underneath a large gumtree just outside the school building but still on the school grounds. I found it about a year ago when I was running away from Jason and his friends.

Scrolling through my phone I see a tweet from Brendon Urie

@/brendonurie:
New changes are happening

Hmm I wonder what's happening?
I like the tweet and keep scrolling. I sit there for a while swapping between Instagram and Twitter until I hear footsteps.

"Well I see your still alive," far out Jason leave me alone
"Yep and what are you going to do about it?" I sarcastically respond.
"Oh I'll show you."
Oops I think I went too far.

Sure enough I fist is thrown at my face and a strong kick to my stomach. And before he walks off he whispers in my ear, "kill yourself you know everyone will be better off." I sit in a curled up ball until the bell for last block rings.

I get up and suddenly realise. Fuck I have English now don't get me wrong English can be great but not today. Today we have to do a presentation and I hate public speaking. Everyone staring at me and me stuttering and everyone giggling at me.

Why can't teachers realise that some students  struggle with public speaking.

Sitting in English I can feel my heart rate increasing. "Anna your turn," I blinked and looked around seeing Mark, one of Jason's friends, sitting down. I must of blanked out. I hastily make my way to the front of the class.

"Ah," I start but I don't know how to continue.
"Come on mate. Cat got your tongue?" Mark calls out. Everyone laughs. My breathing hitches and I feel my heart race way too fast. Tears dwell in my eyes as I rush out of the classroom.

I run into one of the bathroom stalls and lock the door as I slide down it. I let the tears stream down my face as I scratch at my wrist. I don't have any other sharp objects on me so that's the best I can do. I take shaky deep breaths and close my eyes until I can breathe normally. My watch tells me it's 2:50. Ten minutes until I can go 'home'. There is no way I'm going back to class so I just sit there.

The bell goes and I sit there still for another 6 minutes until I'm certain the class will be empty. I still need to get my bag from the class and I don't want to run into Jason and his group or the teacher. I walk into the English class, grab my bag and run out the door.

I manage to get out of the school without seeing Jason so I start walking home with Last of the Real Ones playing through my earphones. I turn the corner to the orphanage and walk in to Miss Bell's office.

"I'm here," I call out.
"Hi sweetie how was school?"
"It was good," I lied.
"That's good. I've got some good news for you." I tilt my head in confusion as if to say what?
"You've been adopted"
My mouth opens in shock but quickly turns into a huge smile.
"Seriously?! That's amazing,"
"Yep. But you fly out tomorrow lunch time"
"Fly out?" I question.
"Oh yes sorry. You are moving to America." She responds.
My mouth opens again. Flying? Holy shit.
"Wait tomorrow lunch time. Do I have to go to school?" I ask.
"No. You need to go pack."
I nod and start walking out the door.
"Wait. What happened to your face?" She questions. Crap.
"Oh I walked into a lamp post on the way home." I lie once again.

I run up the stairs to my room.
Adopted?
Flying?
America?
No more Jason?
This is amazing. I start throwing my belongings into my suitcase, leaving out my school clothes because I don't need them anymore.

I was so happy.