#60

Anna's POV

I wake up wrapped up in Brendon's arms. At first I was terrified because I thought I was trapped but when I saw Brendon's tattoos I relaxed. I see my phone light up with a message. I couldn't see the message, but I did see the time.
"Brendon, wake up. It's 7:45."
"Huh?" He says opening his eyes.
"It's 7:45. Don't we have a flight to catch at 9?"
"You're right. How's your ribs?"
"Extremely sore." I say truthfully.
"I'll ask Tyler where he put your medication. Are you ok to get up and walk to the car and get on a flight?"
"Maybe. I'll try. I want to go home."
"Alright. Let me know though if you are in too much pain."
"Right that's enough talk. Can we go home now?"
"Yes come on."
He goes to wake up Sarah and I slowly get out of bed. I manage to get changed by myself.
"Anna? Can I come in?"
"Yeah."
"Morning."
"Morning Tyler."
"Brendon said you were in pain so here." He says placing a glass of water and the medication on the bedside table.
"Are all these drugs a good idea?"
"What do you mean?"
"Well like what if I get addicted to them or something?"
"Anna you're not going to get addicted, these aren't that strong. I promise."

"You ready to go?" Jenna says.
"Yep. I don't think I told you last night but thank you for the soup it was really good sorry about not eating it all."
"No that's ok. I'm glad you liked it."
"You are really good at cooking and baking."
"Aww thank you. Can I give you a hug?"
"Of course."
She gives me a gentle, warm hug.
"It was nice to see you Anna."
"It was nice to see you too. But I'm really glad I get to go home."
"I can imagine so, come on let's get you to the airport."

I had never been so excited to get on a plane. I finally look at the message.

From Dallon: hope you're feeling better kiddo I heard you were coming home!
From me: I am!

I think with all the excitement of going home on top of the pain, it made the the pain so much worse. I hold my stomach in pain during the car ride.
"You ok?" Sarah whispers and I nod my head.

After saying goodbye to Tyler and Jenna, we get on the flight and my pain doubles. I try and ignore it.
"Anna are you ok?" Brendon asks concerned.
"Everything hurts." I whimper. He picks me up carefully and carries me to my seat.
"Almost home baby." He kisses my head.

I hadn't been in so much pain before. Brendon sits next to me and I lean my head on his shoulder before I pass out from the pain.

Brendon's POV

"This can't be normal for her to be in this much pain right?" Sarah asks.
"No I don't think it is." I replied. I was really worried about this girl. "I'll see how she feels when we get to LA, if she's still in this much pain we'll take her to hospital."

———

"Anna? We're here."
"Huh? We're home!? Yay! Owww."
I laugh at her sudden changes of reactions but stop when I realise she starts crying.
"Anna?"
"I'm fine." She says and stands up. We walk off the plane, collect our luggage and make our way to where Pete was waiting for us. We walk a few steps before Anna falls to the ground.
"Anna? Oh god Anna are you ok?" Pete says rushing over frantically.
"Yep, I'm fine."
"No you're not, you're clearly in pain. We're going to the hospital." I say.
"Brendon," I see Pete get confused at her using my name but now was not the time, "I'm fine."
"Anna, love, you're hurt." Sarah says.
"Please Brendon, Sarah it's fine."
"No," I say firmly, "we're getting you checked out."

With care, I pick her up. Pete drives us to the hospital with Anna protesting the entire way.
"Brendon, it's fine it's just bruises."
"Anna. You shouldn't be in this much pain."

We get to the hospital and I carry Anna in.
"Sir can I help you?" A nurse says.
"Uh yes. My daughter was in hospital in Ohio the day before yesterday and we just got off the plane and she's in extreme pain."
"Ok come this way."
The nurse takes us into a room and checks Anna over. She leaves and comes back with a doctor who takes a look at her bruises.
"Mr and Mrs Urie, I don't think anything is too badly injured I think it's just anxiety and worry on top of everything but Anna can I talk to you alone?"
"Umm ok?"
Sarah and I leave the room and go meet Pete in the waiting room.
"They don't think anything is wrong but he wanted to talk to her alone."
"Oh so why did she almost collapse from pain?"
I shrug.

Anna's POV

"Anna I want you to know that this room is safe and I won't tell Brendon or Sarah anything if you don't want me to."
"Ok...?"
"Are you self harming more specifically cutting and starving?"
"Why are you asking me that?"
"Because you are severely underweight and your arms are covered in scars. I think that's why you almost collapsed." He says nodding towards my arms that were exposed.
"Sir, no disrespect but this doesn't concern you. Brendon and Sarah already know about the cutting and the starving is mainly because I have barely eaten this last month at no fault of Brendon or Sarah so if that's ok can I go?"
"Anna, I think you need help."
"Sir, I'm fine I'm leaving."
"Anna, wait."
I storm out, ignoring the extreme pain. He had no right telling me what I needed.
"Anna? Are you alright?"
"Nope but I want to leave."
"Did the doctor say you could."
"No."
"Brendon, I'll take her, you go sort it out." Pete says.

Pete takes me outside and sits me on a bench and sits next to me.
"Anna, what happened in there?"
"He started assuming things Pete, he saw my scars Pete and I'm underweight and," I say frantically.
"Anna. Anna. Breathe. Chill it's ok. So what did he say?"
"He said I needed help."
"Do you disagree?"
"No but I'm scared to talk about this stuff Pete."
"So was I. But trust me it's not all that terrible."
"But I've spent so long keeping it inside where it's safe."
He hugs me carefully.
"It's safe to let it out now." He whispers.

Brendon tells us we can go, they still don't know why I am in so much pain but they just gave us some more medication and for us to come back in a week if I'm still in pain.
"Please can I go home now?" I laugh.
"Yes kiddo." Brendon laughs.
"Yay."

I smile as Pete drives into a familiar driveway.
"Little Urie!"
"Anna!"
"You're home!"
"Hello Patrick and Gerard." I say softly.
Patrick rushes towards me an gives me a huge hug.
"Oww."
"Patrick, please be careful." Brendon says sternly.
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry."
"It's ok."
I was so happy to be back home but I was exhausted and I just wanted to sleep.
"Brendon, I'm going to take a nap is that ok?"
"Of course love but I'm not letting you go up the stairs."
"It's fine I promise."
"Brendon I'll go with her." Gerard speaks up.

Gerard helps me up the stairs.
"So is everything ok?"
"Not really."
"Wanna talk about it?" He says sitting on the end my bed. I was so happy to be back in my bed.
"I'm so happy to be back home but every time I shut my eyes I see him. I can hear him. Everything hurts. He hurt me Gerard. I hurt myself. The doctor said I needed help because he saw my scars and saw how underweight I am and a part of me agrees but another part disagrees majorly and attacks me for even considering it."
"The voice?"
I nod.
"What's running through your mind?"
"Do I have to talk about it?"
"No, but it might help you sort things out in your mind."
I sit and think for a bit.
"I just feel like I deserved this. The beatings from Liam. All the things he said to me, how fat and ugly I am." I say picking at the lint on my bedsheets. "They're true."
"Hey look at me," he lifts my head up, "You are not ugly or fat at all. That is not true at all. You are gorgeous and smart and kind."
"But I don't feel like it. Gee look at me. I'm a mess, mentally and physically. I'm covered in scars and bruises." I cry.
"I know but you don't see it but everyone else does. Your bruises will heal with time and your scars make you who you are ok?" He hugs me, "and hell to the no did you deserve this. Liam is a cruel man who is going to jail for a very long time."
"Thank you Gerard. I appreciate it. A lot. And I am so happy to be home."
"We're happy you're home too." He rubs my back. I lean into him and shut my eyes. I felt safe again but I was still scared about Liam. I fall asleep to Gerard humming a song and running his hand through my hair.

I was home.