#2

⚠️

*Current time*

Anna's POV

Glancing at the clock as I forcefully sit up, tears running down my face, it says 4:17. I put my head down as I try and slow my breathing down.

Another nightmare. Great.

I have been having nightmares for the last 3 years. Some nights they are not too bad but others, like tonight, are really bad. At least I didn't scream this time. My heart stops racing and my breathing slows down. 4:38. Still had about another 2 and a half hours until I had to get up for school. I'm still shaking so I grab my phone and earphone pressing shuffle on my playlist. Far too Young to Die comes on and I smile. One of my favourite Panic! songs.

I lay there until I hear Miss Bell announces over the P.A. it was time to get up. How long was I listening to music? I look at my phone sure enough it was 7:01. All the other girls groan as they wake up and get ready for the day. Most of the other children here are ok. I mean they don't hate me I just get ignored and left out all the time.

Oh come on you know they all hate you

I shake my head trying to ignore the voice. I walk into the bathroom washing my face and cleaning my teeth and all those bathroom things. I put on my horrible school uniform and my jumper trying not to look at my scars. It was January and was warm in Australia I had to deal with dying from the heat.

I was getting lost in thought before I heard a knock at the door.
"Hurry the hell up. What's taking so long?"
Crap it's Donna. One of the only children here who hates my guts for no apparent reason.
"Yep just a second," I call out. I gather my things and walk out the door avoiding eye contact. She shoved me into the wall hitting the cuts on my leg I wince as I walk to my room.

I finish getting ready and I make sure I have everything I need before walking down stairs to see the other children eating breakfast. I don't normally eat breakfast so I start heading out the door before being stopped by Miss Bell.
"Anna you need to come straight home after school."
"But Miss Bell I have guitar class."
"Listen here you little shit. You will do as you are told. You need to come home straight away I don't care," she hissed.
I nod and walk out the door. Starting my walk to school I start thinking.

Why do I have to come home straight away?

Have I done something wrong?

What if I'm being shipped off to another foster home?

Who else is going to yell at me today?

Unlike the orphanage, with the exception of Donna and occasionally Miss Bell, school is a living hell. If I'm not being ignored I'm being yelled at, or hit. For a 13 year old I'm already broken enough, why do they have to make it worse?

I put my earphones in and press shuffle on my playlist and Chlorine by Twenty One Pilots plays. Twenty One Pilots along with Panic! at the Disco, Fall out Boy and IDKHow are the only reason I'm still alive I wish I could meet them and say thank you but not much of a chance of that happening considering they live on the other side of the globe. Choke had finished playing as I walk into the school. I turn my phone off and glacé at my watch. 8:04. Still half an hour. I sit in my home room class drawing until I hear the door open and Jason enters the classroom.

"Crap guys she's still here" he calls out to his friends, referring to me. He orders me to stand up. I obey knowing the punishment would be so much worse if I didn't.
"Ha look at this horrible drawing. Guys come look," he shouts out.
His friends giggle before Mason comments on my drawing,
"I'm pretty sure a 2 year olds drawing would look better" which sends the entire group bursting into laughter.
Jason punches me in the cheek, my head hitting the wall. His friends laugh as the bell rings signalling the start of homeroom. I sit back down and put my head down on the desk tear silently streaming down my face.

I remain in that position until I need to go to my first class. My head throbs as I wonder what the rest of the day holds in store for me.

————————————————————————Hey everyone hope my story is ok so far and you don't already hate it 2 chapters in.

I hope you enjoy and just remember to:
❤️Drink some water
❤️Have something to eat
❤️Take any medication needed
❤️Do something you love

Love you all stay safe and amazing see ya.
Kelsey 😊