#70

⚠️

Tyler's POV

A young man walks through the door and Anna groans and leans forward and places her head on the bed.
"Hello Anna oh and hello..."
"Tyler." I hold my hand out and he shakes it.
"Seth, Anna's therapist."
"Are you happy now? I've got a feeding tube in now." She says coldly.
"I know this must be tough but this isn't the end of it all. There's a few things we need to talk about to get you better."
"Like?" She looks up.
"Well I've talked with Brendon and Sarah and if you're up to it, I think an inpatient program would be beneficial."
She stares and shakes her head at him.
"No."
"You don't have to do that at this point if you don't want to but if you get worse we will have no choice."
"I want to go home."
"I thought you would." He smiles, "I'm going to talk about numbers is that ok?"
"I guess." She shrugs.
"You currently weigh 100 pounds and a normal girl your age would normally weigh around 125 so if you can gain 10 pounds we can think about letting you go home."
She grabs out her phone and quickly googles a converter. I forgot she was from Australia and she doesn't use pounds so she probably had no idea how much all that was.
"100 pounds?" She whispers and Seth nods. "But like how? That's like 45 kilograms."
I think I was finally setting in how bad it was. A few tears roll down her face and she wipes them away.
"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow morning and we'll talk more ok?"
"Ok." She whispers. I nod a thank you to him as he leaves.

"How did it get this bad Tyler? I though I was fine."
"It's caught up to you hasn't it?"
She nods.
"I can't gain that much weight though Tyler. It's so much."
"Hey it's only..." I grab out my phone and quickly google, "4 and half kilos."
"Can you help me?"
"Of course I will."

We talk for a bit and then she asks me a question.
"Hey Tyler can you go to my house and bring my ukulele? Please?"
"Sure do you want me to get it now?" She nods so I kiss her forehead and tell her I'll be back soon. I leave just as Brendon was coming back.
"Oh hello Tyler."
"Hey Brendon, I'll see you later."
"Uh ok bye?"

I catch an Uber to their house and knock on the door, hoping Sarah was home. She was, she opens the door.
"Oh hi."
"Hey."
"What's up?"
"I've just seen Anna and talked to her. I think she's finally realised that she needs help. Seth talked to her about her weight and stuff, I don't think she realised how bad it was. Oh and she wants her ukulele."
Sarah embraces me in a hug.
"Thank you Tyler, it was breaking my heart seeing her like that, crying and screaming. Thank you for getting her to realise and helping her."
"Of course."

I go upstairs and find her ukulele. While I grab it, I notice something shiny. It was a blade. I pocket it and give myself a mental note to ask her about it later. Just as I was about to leave, Sarah stops me.
"Hang on I'll drive you. I need to bring Bren and A some clothes and I want to see how she's going."
We get in her car and she drives to the hospital in comfortable silence.

Once we arrive to the hospital and enter her room, we find many people in there, Josh, Frank, Patrick, Brendon, Pete and Gerard.
"Hello everyone." I say and they all turn and look at me, including Anna. Her eyes light up when she sees her ukulele and makes grabbing hands towards me. I smile and hand it to her.
"Thank you Tyler."
"No problem, also I need to talk to you later."
"Ok?"

"Anna? Can you play? Please?" Frank begs.
"What should I play?"
"Whatever. I just like your voice."
"Uh ok."

She strums a familiar tune on the ukulele.

When the leader of the bad guys sang
Something soft and soaked in pain
I heard the echo from his secret hideaway
He must've forgot to close his door
As he cranked out those dismal chords
And his four walls declared him insane