#67

Anna's POV

"Hey dad? Is this true?"

It was the morning of the My Chemical Romance reunion show. I was scrolling through Twitter when I found a thread about how Zack had done some dodgy things and mistreated Dallon. I read it through twice, I had never heard of any of these things and I didn't want them to be true.
"What?"
I run downstairs with my phone in my hand and show dad who was watching TV.
"No." He says shortly.
"Why-"
"Anna just drop it."
"Oh sorry."
"You ready for tonight?" He changes the subject.
"Yeah I was just going to get mum to do my hair and make up again."
"Sounds good."
I walk back to my room and lay on my bed. I know I got told to drop the topic but I just wanted to ask one more person.

To Dallon: Hey, why exactly did you leave Panic!?

Whilst I wait for a reply, I jam to some music. I only just realised that I had never met Frank or Ray and I had only met Mikey once and even then it wasn't a good meeting.

From Dallon: I wanted to branch out my music career. Why?
To Dallon: just curious, thanks :)

Maybe they were just false accusations created by an account to gain attention. I had 3 and a half hours until Gerard was coming to get me so I have a shower and start getting ready while still listening to music.

I got carried away listening to music because I suddenly realised I had 45 minutes until Gerard would be here and I still needed to brush my hair, tie it and get mum to do my makeup.
"Mum!"
"Yeah?"
"Can you help me?"

"What's up?" She says, coming into my room.
"Can you help me?" I repeat holding out my hairbrush.
"Sure. Hold on a second." She walks out the room and enters with her curling iron. She ties my hair half up half down and curls it.

Once my hair and makeup is done, I hug mum and thank her. We walk down stairs and I sit next to dad on the couch, Bogart jumping on my lap.
"A, just stay safe tonight ok? Listen to Gerard and his crew and call me if you need."
"I'll be fine dad. You enjoy your night with mum."
Mum and dad were going out for a romantic dinner while I was at the concert.

"Hello?" We hear Gerard shout from outside. I jump up and meet him at the door.
"Brendon is your doorbell broken or something, I rung it like 8 times."
"Whoops sorry about that."
"Ready A?"
"Yes! I'm so excited!"
I hug mum and dad then follow Gerard to his car.

"Hey, So I've never actually met Ray and Frank and I only met Mikey that one time I met you."
"Don't worry about it, they're all great guys who will love you."
I smile.
"So you ready for you first show of 6 years?"
"I'm nervous and excited. I can't believe it's been that long."
"I know your going to be great and everyone is excited to see you guys perform again."

We pull up at the venue and I follow Gerard into his dressing room. The others were there too. I assumed the short one was Frank because that's what I had heard on the internet and so I guessed the other person was Ray.
"Hi Gee, who's this? Did you have a kid that we didn't know about?" Frank exclaims.
"Woah calm down she's not mine. Guys this is Anna, Brendon's child."
"Brendon has a child!?"
"Adopted." Mikey butts in. "Nice to see you again."
"Nice to see you again Mikey." I say politely.
"Ray." The curly haired man says, holding out his hand. I shake it. I turn to Frank and hold out my hand. He declines it and engulfs me in a hug.
"Oh uh hi." I stutter awkwardly. "Frank?"
"That's me. You're the one who released the cover of Chlorine right?"
"Uh yeah."
"Wait that was you?!" Rays exclaims. "That was so good."
"Your voice is gorgeous."
"Thanks guys. I appreciate it."

"Guys? Soundcheck." Mikey says.
"A you want to come watch?"
"Yes please."

I walk behind the boys to the stage when I get stopped by security.
"Miss, you can't be back here please come with me."
"Uh I'm with Gerard." I try and get my pass out but he stops me.
"I've dealt with you fan girls before. I'm sorry you are just going to wait outside with the rest of them."
"Gee!" My heart starts racing.
"Miss please stop shouting or you'll have to leave the premises." He says sternly.
"Mikey! Ray! Frank!" I was scared now. Where were they?
"Anna?" Frank rushes to me. "What are you doing?" He glares at the security officer.
"Mr. Iero I was just escorting this fan girl out of the venue."
"If you were paying attention you would see she's with us. She's trying to get out her pass." I pull my pass out and show him.
"Oh I'm sorry Sir." The officer walks off.
"You ok kid?" I nod and hug him.
"Just scared."
"Where the hell did you go? Oh Anna! What happened?" Gerard exclaims.
"Security stopped her from coming with us."
"You have a pass though?"
"I couldn't grab it out. He wouldn't let me."
"You ok now?"
"Yeah. Thanks Frank."
"Of course."

We walk to the stage and after explaining what happened, they start rehearsal.

———

@/annarurie:
Ready for MCR to make a comeback?

"10 minutes 'til show time." A stagehand shouts.
"Ready?" Gee shouts.
"Ready!" They shout back. I was sitting next to Frank watching him play guitar.

From dad: Hey you all good?
To dad: Yep I'm great, now go have fun

"Anna? I've set a seat backstage for you so you can still watch."
"Thanks."
I jump up and follow them to side stage and find my seat.

"Hi!"
The crowd screams.
"Welcome back! It's been a while." Ray smiles.

———

Shit that was amazing!

"Holy sugar! That was awesome!" I squeal hugging Gerard. I hug the others in turn.
"Thanks Anna. Wait are you crying?"
"Shh no... ok... maybe... it was amazing ok?"
"Aww." They all chorus and pull me into a hug.
"Let's go out to celebrate." Ray says.
"How about we all go out for a veggie burger?" Gerard asks and everyone agrees.
"Don't I have to go back home?" I question.
"If you want or we can message Brendon."
"Ok."

To dad: hey, can I go get dinner with everyone before I come back home
From dad: of course you can darling, have fun
To dad: thank you!

"Let's go!"
We escape the venue without being attacked by fans with the help of their security guards and make our way to the restaurant in Gerard's car. Once we get there, we take a seat and look at the menu. We all decide to go with Gerard and get a veggie burger.
"So Anna, are you going to release another song?" Mikey asks.
"Uh I'm not sure maybe."
"You definitely should." Ray nods.
"Oh my gosh and when you become super famous, we can open your shows for you!" Frank exclaims.
"Woah calm down, I'm not going to become famous and wouldn't it be me opening for you?"
"Oh my gosh! You should open for us next show!"
Fuck. What have I done?
"Uh no."
"Oh come on pleaseeee?"
I shake my head and look over at Gerard for support.
"As amazing as that would be, I don't know if it would be a good idea right now." He says, quickly glancing at me.
"But-"
"Frank. No." Mikey interrupts.
I look awkwardly at the fork on the table, as if it was interesting.
"I'm sorry Anna."
"It's ok Frank."

It was awkwardly silent when the burgers come around. I was suddenly focusing on the food and how much I didn't want to eat it. I think Gerard must of noticed because he whispered in my ear.
"Don't worry about them, just enjoy your burger."

"So when's your next show?" I say breaking the silence.
"Not until next year." Ray says.
"Cool. Where? America?"
"No actually, Australia."
"Oh, uh where?"
"Melbourne."
"Cool. I'm from Australia but the other side."
"Woah that's amazing. Wait so Brendon adopted you from an centre in Australia?"
"Yeah."
"Damn."
Frank was still silently eating his burger. I felt really bad, it would of been amazing to perform for them but the anxiety of it is too much.

Mikey and Ray, tell me some things that have happened on past tours, with Gerard groaning about it because a lot of the stories were about him.
"I have a good relationship with this child, don't ruin it with stories when I was younger."
"Gerard, it's fine. It's hilarious."

Once we leave the restaurant, I engulf Frank in a hug.
"I'm sorry Frank, please forgive me."
"It's ok Anna, I shouldn't of pushed you."
"The reason is that, it would be amazing to perform for you but there's too much anxiety about it for me."
"Oh ok, I understand."

We drive back to the venue and the other hop out of Gerard's car and into their own.
"Bye." I call out.
"Bye Anna it was lovely meeting you and I hope to see you soon."
"See ya kid."
"Bye!"

"You wanna jump in the front seat now that Mikey's gone?"
"Nah it's all good."
He starts heading towards home and I start falling asleep on the backseat.

"A? Wake up. You're home."
I open my eyes to see a familiarly lit driveway.
"Hmm? Oh thank you Gee."
"Of course kid."
We knock on the front door and are greeted by dad. He takes one look at me and smiles.
"Have fun?"
I nod tiredly.
"A lot. Thank you Gerard so much and thanks dad." I hug Gerard and dad before walking upstairs and lay on my bed without even changing into my pjs. I snuggle into my pillow and shut my eyes, pulling my rug up over my shoulders.

I also knew exactly what song to ask dad to help me release next.