#21

Brendon's POV

I didn't have to be on stage until later so I sat on the bus next to Anna while she slept. I didn't know what had happened, she was starting to get better. She willingly came off the bus and out of her bunk to do stuff, she even came to soundcheck for the first time in 2 months. I was thankful that Pete and Tyler are looking out for her but we need to figure out what is going on in that mind of her's. I looked at her bare arms, in the 5 or so months I have known her, I had never seen her without sleeves or a jacket on. It was winter when Sarah and I adopted her so her wearing sleeves was nothing unordinary. Her arms were covered in so many scars and cuts it made me want to cry. "Why did you do this A?" I whisper ever so quietly.

"Brendon?" Anna had woken up and interrupted my thoughts.
"A? You're awake."
She nods, "I'm sorry. Sorry for not telling you. Sorry for relapsing and sorry for running."
"It's ok. Shit happens. You're alive and safe, that's all that matters for the time being."
She hugs me and I kiss her head.
"You're safe here A" I whisper
I feel her nod her head.

"Don't you have to perform?"
"Yeah shortly" I check my watch, "Fall Out Boy would of just started. Wanna go watch?"
She thinks and I can tell she's worried about Tyler.
"Tyler isn't mad at you. Just worried"
"Ok" she whispers.

We get up and she looks at her jacket. Blood was on the inside of the sleeves.
"It's ok. It'll come out. Want to borrow one of mine?"
She nods and I pass her my hoodie.

We go backstage and I have to go get ready.
"I'm going to find Tyler." She says and walks off to their dressing room.

I walk into our dressing room to find Mike there waiting for me. I felt like crashing and crying.
"It's going to be ok B. She's a strong girl"
Trying not to cry, I nod and grab my mic.
Mike worryingly looks at me but I brush it off and go find the rest of Panic!

Anna's POV
I felt horrible. My arms were sore and I had hurt everyone. Especially Tyler.

I walk towards their dressing room and slowly open the door. Tyler is pacing backwards and forwards and Josh is trying to comfort him.
"She going to be ok Ty. She's a strong girl."
"But I should of left it! It's all my fault!"
"You were just looking out for her."
Tyler runs his hand through his hair.

"I'm sorry Tyler" I whisper.
Both him and Josh snap their head around to look at me. Tyler runs up and hugs me whilst saying,
"Anna I'm so so sorry" he cries.
"It's ok. You were just worried about me. I shouldn't of ran. I'm sorry."

We stay in that position for a while until Josh breaks the silence.
"Let's go watch Panic!'s set and find the others."

We walk to the side of the stage where Dallon, Ryan, Joe, Andy and Patrick were.
They all hug me telling me to never do that again. As per usual, I say I'm sorry.

"Were is Pete?" I ask.
They all look around noticing his absence.
"I'll go find him" I say and run off.
"I'll come too" Patrick says following me.

He's probably gone because of me.

We run in and out of dressing rooms not being able to find him.
"Let's check the buses" Patrick suggests.
We eventually find him in their bus sitting at the small table, head in hands.
"Pete?" Patrick cautiously asks.
"Pete. I'm sorry" I tell him.

"Why didn't you find me? Or Tell me?" He says quietly, looking at me.
"I was scared. I didn't know how to tell you either. I-I" I say, my voice cracking.
He stands up and hugs me.
"Please tell me. Please. Or Tyler. Or Brendon. Someone. Don't run"
Nodding my head I drag him out of the bus.

"A what are you doing?"
"We can have this conversation later. You have a performance to do."
"Oh shit yeah, you're right"

We run to make sure we get there in time, thankfully, Brendon had only just finished Hurricane.
"Pete! Where were you?" Andy exclaims.
"Sorry Andy." is all he says.

"Thank you LA for an amazing time! See you next time!" Brendon shouts and Fall Out Boy and IDKHOW run on stage.
They all set up their instruments. A few of the stage hands bring out some more mics for everyone. Brendon and Patrick stand out the front with Pete, Nicole and Dallon on their left, Mike and Joe on their right and Andy, Ryan and Dan behind them.

Oh well imagine as I'm pacing the pews in a church corridor

The verse starts and Brendon's voice rings through the PA and the crowd goes crazy.

When the chorus starts and everyone is joining in, all the fans, all the band members. Bass players and jamming out along with the guitarists. Andy and Dan are drumming extremely hard and Ryan is jumping around the stage with a tambourine. I can't help but to laugh.

Patrick sings the next chorus and I start to feel a little better. I start singing quietly along and Zack gives me a little smile.

The song ends and everyone cheers.

"Fuck yeah. That was awesome everyone!" Brendon shouts and everyone laughs.
Ryan, Nicole, Dallon and Dan come back.

"Nice tambourine playing Ryan." I laugh.
"Why thank you." He says and jokingly bows, "we only had two drum kits and I wanted to play the tambourine instead anyway."

Everyone else on stage begins 20 Dollar Nose Bleed and everyone backstage dances along.

"Goodbye everyone! Until next time!" Patrick shouts.
Everyone, except me and Zack, run back on stage and all bow with the audience cheering and screaming louder than I had ever heard.

"That was amazing everyone!" I shout as they come backstage.
"Thanks kiddo" Andy scruffs my head.

Brendon comes up to me, "feeling better?"
"Definitely"
"That's good."
I hesitate was I really about to say it? Yes. Yes I was.

"Thank you...Dad"