#27

Anna's POV

To say I got any sleep would be lying, after I got back to my room I just layed on my bed listening to music until dad wakes up at about 9 am.
"Morning"
"Morning A. How long have you been up?"
"I never went to sleep" I say
He looks at me.
"Why?" He asks, concerned.
I shrug, "wasn't tired" I say simply.
He gets up and takes a shower whilst I draw random things in my sketchbook.

"Wow that's really good" dad say behind me.
"Don't scare me like that, and they aren't that good"
"Sorry and they are"
I shrug and go take a shower.

Once we were ready, we go downstairs to have the free breakfast that the hotel supplies. I grab a cup of coffee and sit next to Jake.
"Hey vro"
"Hi Jake"
I sit in silence and drink my coffee. I listen in to their conversation though. Jake was talking about his new camera, Dallon was talking about his family. Soon it was time for everyone to go to soundcheck. I stand up, plaster on my fake smile and follow them to the van, which drives us to the arena. I find that Dad had brought out my guitar along so I sit in his dressing room, playing while they rehearse.
"Lights, camera, action stop. We're killing ourselves just to the top." I mumble to myself while playing, "But we won't stop talking about what we got and how we all love it when we're loved a lot"
"That's an old one." Tyler says from behind me.

I jump slightly, "how long have you been there?"
"Not long. You have talent you know?"
"No I don't, don't lie"
"I'm not, your really good"
I give him an awkward smile. He nudges my shoulder. I wince slightly but I don't think he notices.
"Come on. Smile."
I smile a little more real looking.
Tyler picks up my guitar and is about to play it when he stops.
"Wait. ARE YOU LEFT HANDED?" he shouts and I nod my head laughing.
"WHY AM I ONLY JUST NOTICING?"
"because I don't really play in front of people"
Tyler sits there in amusement.
"Fun fact: I play guitar left handed but ukulele and bass right handed. I can sort of play guitar right handed just not that good"
Tyler just stares at me.
"Yeah I know. It's weird."
"How come I didn't know this and you play ukulele and bass?" he says amazed.
I nod my head, "I'm not as good at those. Guitar is my first instrument"
"Can you play me something? Please. Pretty please?" Tyler hands me his ukulele.
"Are you sure?" slowly grabbing his ukulele and he enthusiastically nods.
"What should I play?"
"Whatever you wish"
"O-ok" I take a deep breath in and release it. I sit on the couch and Tyler sits on the floor like a little kid in preschool.
"You can sit next to me ya know?"
"I'm good" he says looking up.

When the leader of the bad guys sang
Something soft and soaked in pain
I heard the echo from his secret hideaway
He must've forgot to close his door
As he cranked out those dismal chords
And his four walls declared him insane

I found my way
Right time wrong place
As I plead my case

"Woah."
I hang my head Tyler stands up and lifts my face up.
"Anna that is so good. Please show more people your talent."
"No"
"Why?"
"I'm so insecure about my playing and my singing."
"I get that Anna, I really do. That's why during Blurryface my hands and neck was black. But being insecure is ok you just need to try and get out there." he explained.
"Maybe"
"Well I think you are amazing and you shouldn't be insecure at all but I understand."
"Thanks Ty"
He scruffs my head.
"Also, the reason I came to find you, would you like to grab coffee with me and Josh? Brendon told us how you didn't go to sleep last night."
"Sure. Does Brendon know I'm going with you?"
"Send him a message just in case"

From me: I'm going with Ty and Josh for coffee
From Dad: ok. Have fun

"Let's go" I say jumping up off the couch.
We walk down to Starbucks.
"What do you want?" Josh says as I look at the overwhelming choices.
"I don't know. I've never been here before."
They both stare at me.
"We don't have Starbucks on my side of Australia, only in the eastern side" I explain.
"Oh ok. Do want me to order something for you?"
"Yes please Josh. Thank you"
"All good little Urie"
He and Tyler order their drinks plus mine and we sit down.

After a while our drinks are ready and Josh hands me a drink that looks like ice coffee with whipped cream, I take a sip.
"Wow this is really good. Thanks Josh"
"No problemo"
We sit back down and drink our drinks in comfortable silence.

We walk back to the venue to find Dad and Jake playing fortnite on Twitch. The two don't see us enter the room so I decided to sneak up on him.
"Boo" I shout grabbing his shoulders.
"What the- oh hi Anna. Have Josh and Tyler pumped you with sugar?"
"Yep" I say cheerfully.
"Thanks guys" dad shouts at the two boys sarcastically.
"You're welcome" they simultaneously shout back walking back to their dressing room.

I decide to sit with dad while he plays fortnite and because I can't play I sit and do some school work.
"Someone wants to know what you're doing" dad asks.
"Oh umm I'm doing schoolwork."
They ask me a few more questions which I answer until I see one question that made me nervous

Do you know your biological parents? And are you still in touch with them?

I read out the question and respond.
"Umm I do know my biological parents but I don't stay in touch with them"

Why not?
Did they hurt you?
Did they abuse you?
Do you hate them?

I didn't answer or even read those ones one out. I just subtlety point it out to dad and he looks at it and quickly shuts the livestream down.
"Sorry guys we've got to go now. See you tonight to those who are coming. Just know that I appreciate you and I love you. I'll talk to you all later."

He turns it off and hugs me.
"Don't worry about them. You don't need to tell them anything ok?"
"Ok"
"Come on let's go find the others"

We find the others sitting in the middle of the stage.
"What are you doing?" I asked very confused.
"Talking" Joe explains.
"Why here though?" Dad laughs.
"Why not?" Ryan shrugs.
"Fair enough it's just random" dad laughs.

We join them and talk for a while then dad, for some reason, grabs his acoustic from backstage and starts singing.
Coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

We all stare at him very confused but then Nicole, Pete, Patrick and Dallon joined in.
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss
Now I'm falling asleep

Everyone except for me joins in. I start laughing at them all. I didn't join because I was scared and insecure. Tyler gives me a comforting smile and nods his head slightly. I smile at him and joining at the chorus.
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
'Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Tyler gives me a huge smile and a small thumbs up that only I could see.
We sing the rest of the song with dad playing guitar and Ryan using the floor to play the drums.

"Wow Anna. I've never heard you sing before. You are really good." Nicole says.
"Thanks Nicole"

Wow you actually believe her?
She's lying
You sound horrible
And you know it

I try and push the thought aside and walk backstage with everyone. They was one hour until show time and fans would be entering the venue soon. Everyone ran around doing last minute things and I just sat in the corner of the room, with my guitar and my notebook.