#58

Anna's POV

I had been here about three weeks and it wasn't getting easier. I had cut almost every night, I had barely eaten or slept, Liam had hit me almost everyday as well and the kids at school were still being mean to me. We were in Geography and we had to do a presentation on a country.
"Anna, your turn." Mr. Clarn said. I shake with anxiety as I walk up to the front of the class.
"Uh so the uh country I selected is um Indonesia."
"Speak up bitch!"
"Keith. Silent." Mr. Clarn says sternly.
"Nah Sir she shouldn't be here, she doesn't belong."

I felt terrified being up in front of everyone so I did the only thing I could think of. I ran. I run out the class and out of the school gates. I keep running until I can't run anymore and I find a bench and catch my breath and cry.
"Anna?! Are you ok?"
"Leave me alone." I say, without looking up. "Wait how do you know my- TYLER!" I jump up and hug him
"Hello kiddo." He says hugging me back. I felt so happy seeing him again, I felt the safest I had felt since I had been here.
"What's wrong?"
"It's nothing."
"Are you sure? because shouldn't you be in school, not here, crying."
I shrug.
"They're mean."
"Who?"
"Everyone Tyler, everyone."
"Your father?"
"And people at school."
Tyler hugs me again.

Tyler's POV

I was walking around to clear my head when I saw someone crying on a park bench. When I got closer I realised it was Anna. She tells me everyone was being mean to her and I hug her again except this time I could feel her ribs, which terrified the living daylights out of me. She looked so tired and weak.
"Want to come get lunch with me?" I offer.
She sighs.
"Sure."
We get up and find the nearest diner and take a seat.
"So how's it been with your father?"
"Umm..."
"You can tell me."
"Absolutely terrible Tyler," she whispers, "he hits me almost everyday, there's never any food in the house and he doesn't allow me to have contact with Brendon. I wore his Panic! hoodie and Liam lost it at me."
So that's why she's so skinny.
"How is Brendon and Sarah?"
"They're ok. Very torn up about you leaving though."
We eat our sandwiches in silence.
"Want to go for a walk?" I offer.
"Are you sure?"
"Of course. Come on let's go." I get up and pay for our meals.
"Thank you for lunch Tyler."
"Of course Anna."

It wasn't until now I noticed her black eye.
"Oh gosh Anna!" I exclaim.
"What?" She asks confused.
"Your eye!"
"Oh right yeah."
"Was that your father?"
"Uh yeah. It's fine."
"This isn't ok. Have you told anyone?"
"Tyler who do I have to tell?! I can't talk to anyone in LA and people at school hate me." She starts crying again. "Please get me out of here."
"I am going to do everything I can to get you back to Brendon and Sarah ok?"
She nods and sniffles.
"Sorry for crying all the time."
"Don't apologise, it's completely ok." I hug her again and she winces.
"You alright?"
"Yep."

We walk around Ohio for a few hours before Anna realised what the time was.
"I need to get back home. Oh god if I'm late he's going to kill me. Oh god what if he found out about me leaving school early. Oh no. Worse, what if he found out I was with you?" She says frantically.
"Shh Anna breathe come on we'll get you home." I really didn't want to take her back but if I didn't I could go to jail for kidnapping. I walk her almost all the way back home.
"Bye Tyler. I'm so happy I got to see you again."
"Me too A. Find a way to message me when you get home so I know you're safe."
She nods and gives me one last hug before quickly rushing back towards her house.

Anna's POV

Fuck. Liam's going to kill me

I open the front door to a furious Liam.
"Where the fuck were you? Your principal called me to say you left school early. Where were you?"
I shrug.
"DONT YOU SHRUG AT ME! WHERE WERE YOU?!"
"I went for a walk." I mumble.
"DONT MUMBLE!" He punches me in the face before kicking me in the stomach. I rush to my room and try to lock my door but he opens the door and repeatedly hits me.
"STOP!"
"Let her go!" I hear a voice say.
"Get the fuck outta my house!"
"Tyler?" I squeak out before everything goes black.