#42

⚠️

Anna's POV

I wake up on the couch, dad's arm around me. He was asleep snoring softly. I carefully take his arm off me and make my way to the kitchen where mum was cooking some pancakes.
"Morning love."
I nod my head and smile as if to say good morning. She places a plate with a pancake in front of me.
"I know you probably aren't hungry, but please eat at least one. I need to know that you have eaten something."

I pick at the pancake before leaving the table and going to my room. I know mum was probably upset at me for not eating but I genuinely couldn't eat anything. I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling with my earphones plugged in.

*timeskip 3 days*

I've barely left my room. My phone was filled with messages from the boys, curious fans' tweets and messages from Jason. Mum and dad would come into my room every now and again placing food on my table but it would barely be touched. I just layed in my bed listening to music or played my guitar or ukulele. I hadn't talked to anyone, verbally or through typing. I was stuck in my mind.

I look at the clock in my room. It was 1:38 am. The voices was going crazy in my mind. I stand up and shakily make my way to the bathroom. I was on the verge of a anxiety attack, I knew. Also not eating for 3 days made me really weak. I felt really dizzy as the room spun around me. I knew that I needed help but I didn't want to disappoint mum or dad so I, some how, through my tear filled eyes and spinning head, managed to call someone I knew would be able to help me.

"P-Pete?" I stutter out.
"Anna? Are you ok?"
"N-no."
"Where are you? What's happened?"
"I-I'm at h-home. I-I c-can't b-breathe a-and I f-feel r-really d-dizzy." I hadn't spoken for a while and the voices were attacking me for speaking but I knew that I couldn't get through this alone, I needed help.
"Ok I'm coming over. Does Brendon or Sarah know?"
I shake my head but then realised that he couldn't see me.
"N-no" I was shaking so bad, I was really scared. I could hear Pete start his car up in the background.
"I'm putting you on speaker A. Don't hang up on me."
"O-ok."
"Take in a deep breath."
I try but I couldn't.
"I-I c-can't."
"Yes you can. It's alright."
He keeps talking to me and I reply with short answers so he knew I was still on the phone but I felt really dizzy and shaky.

I soon heard the front door open and footsteps come towards my room and then towards my bathroom. Pete picks me up and takes me back to my room. Placing me on the bed, I became even more dizzy.
"Anna, what happened?
"I-I d-d-d." I stutter. I was shaking so bad I couldn't even get out a sentence.
"Shh it's alright. Breathe it's ok." I follow his breathing for a bit until I can speak a bit.
"I f-feel r-really dizzy a-and the v-voice keeps attacking me. Pete please make it s-stop."

Pete's POV

When Anna called me at 2am I knew something was wrong because one it was 2 am and, two Brendon told me she still wasn't speaking and she's calling not messaging.
"P-Pete" She stuttered out.
———
I jump in my car and rush to their house as quickly as I could. I find their spare key, unlock the door and rush to Anna's room. I find her huddled up in the corner of her bathroom, shaking. I pick her up and immediately notice how light she is.
"Anna what happened?"
"I-I d-d-d." she stutters. She was shaking so bad.
"Shh it's alright. Breathe it's ok." She follows my breathing for a bit until she can speak a bit.
"I f-feel r-really dizzy a-and the v-voice keeps attacking me. Pete please make it s-stop."

Hearing her say that broke my heart. When she said she felt dizzy and I knew how light she was, I put two and two together.
"When was the last time you ate something?"
She shrugs her shoulders slightly.
"I don't know." She whispers.
"Do you think you can make it downstairs?"
She nods and slowly stands up.

We go downstairs and I hunt through their cupboards until I find some two minutes noodles.
"Do you think you can eat this?" She gives a little nod. I start making them and we hear someone coming down the stairs.
"What the hell Pete? Why are you in my house at 2 am making... noodles?"

I pull Brendon into the living room out of earshot of Anna.
"Anna called me. She was having an anxiety attack and was really dizzy, so I came over and I noticed she hasn't been eating which I think is why she feels dizzy."
Brendon stares at me wide eyed.
"W-What? She spoke to you?" He whispers.
I nod my head. "I think she realised she needs help."
"Why didn't I make her eat." He says running his hand through his bed hair, furious at himself.
"Hey don't blame yourself. You couldn't force her to eat."
He shrugs and I walk back into the kitchen. Anna had her head on the table.
"Anna?" I say.
She lifts her head up and looks at me.
"Everything is spinning."
I place the bowl of noodles in front of her.
"Can you eat please? For me?" She nods and starts eating.
Brendon sits next to her.
"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks her softly.
"I d-don't know. I-I was s-scared."
"Scared of what?"
"The v-voices and that y-you would be m-mad."
"I would never be mad at you for this. I'm glad you are speaking to us again and that you called Pete."
"I'm glad you called me as well." I say.
"I didn't know what else to do. I was scared I was going to relapse or collapse because I felt really dizzy." She whispers.
"I'm proud of you for telling us, I know how scary that can be." I say rubbing her back.
"I'm sorry for not eating." She says, voice breaking.
"It's ok. You're eating now." Brendon says.

She eats about three quarters of the noodles.
"Is that enough?" She ask with pleading eyes.
"Yes thank you well done." I tell her.
The three of us sit in the lounge room. It was about 3 am by now and I didn't want to go home just in case something happened. Brendon turns on the TV and we watch some Brooklyn 99. Anna starts closing her eyes. I let her lay across my lap and she falls asleep quickly.

———

"Why is Pete in our house? When did he get here?"
I wake to Sarah and Brendon talking in the kitchen.
"Something happened with Anna last night, she was having an anxiety attack and was really dizzy so she called Pete."
"Wait, called Pete? Is she speaking?"
"Yeah she was speaking last night."

I carefully remove Anna off my lap and join Sarah and Brendon.
"Morning."
"Morning Pete. I guess you heard all that. Sorry I was a bit confused when I woke up this morning and saw you in our house."
"No that's ok."

Brendon throws his arms around me.
"Thank you for getting her to speak."
"She was the one that started speaking herself."
"Well thank you for being there for her, she obviously trusts you."
"Of course."
He lets go of me and Sarah looks at me.
"Does Meagan know you are here?"
I nod my head,
"Yeah I left a note before I left but I might call her."
I step outside and call my girlfriend.

"Oh god Pete! Are you ok? Is Anna ok?"
"Yes everything is ok now."
We talk for a bit until she has to get ready for work.
"I'll be back soon." I tell her.
"Ok. Love you"
"Love you too."

I walk back inside and into the lounge room and see Anna fidgeting in her sleep.
"Please. No. I'm sorry." I hear her mumble.
"A? Kid? Wake up." I shake her shoulder. She sits up and her eyes dart around the room before relaxing when she sees me.
"S-sorry." She whispers.
"Don't apologise it's ok."
"It's not. I'm hurting all of you and you guys keep having to deal with me."
"We aren't dealing with you. We are helping you because we care and we love you."
"I don't know why though." I hear her mumble under her breath.
"Because you are amazing."
She shakes her hand and walks off. I sigh and walk back into the kitchen to Brendon and Sarah.
"Gerard's coming over later today." Brendon says hanging up the phone.
"Ok. She's just woken up and gone to her room," I say, "she keeps blaming herself for what happened."
Brendon runs his hand through his hair.
"I hate that I can't help her."
"I know but you're trying your best and that's all you can do."