#9

Brendon's POV

I had been stuck in this meeting for what felt like hours I just wanted to go home to meet my daughter. I looked at my watch and was about to say something when someone said that the meeting was over. To be honest, I don't even know who said it I just rushed out of there, texting Zack who had said they were at home.

I jumped in my car and drove home as fast as the speed limit would allow. I just wanted to get home. After being stuck in traffic I arrived home and was greeted by Zack.
"She's upstairs and it sounds like she's found her guitar. Also she hasn't recognised me yet" I nod and thank him again
"All good. Just doing my job."

I walk upstairs to hear a familiar melody along with a gorgeous voice.

Climbing out the back door, didn't leave a mark.
No one knows it's you Miss Jackson
Found another victim but no ones gonna find Miss Jackson

I quietly open the door and see that her back is to me so I surprise her and join in at the verse.

You put a sour little flavour in my mouth now move in circles hoping no ones gonna find out

She stops strumming and turns around. He eyes widen and they shift from her Panic! poster to me. All I can do is laugh and nod my head.
"Welcome to your new home" I say
She shakes her head
"No this has to be a mistake or a dream or something" she whispers.
"No, no mistake I did adopt you. And I am the real Brendon Urie not a lookalike"
She laughs and puts her guitar back on its stand.

I walk over to her and give her a hug.
"Nice jumper" I laugh
She smiles and hugs me tighter.
"So that why he looked familiar. That's Zack your body guard"
"Yep that's me kiddo" Zack says from the doorway. "I've got to go now but I'll be back"
I nod my head. "Bye"
"See ya" Anna calls in her accent.
"Gosh I love your accent Anna" I tell her
She smiles.
"Would you like some lunch?"
"Yes please I didn't eat the plane food it wasn't very good"
"Fair enough. But it's my cooking so I'm not sure it will be much better"
She laughs and follows me downstairs.

"Right," I say while trying to make Mac and cheese, "20 questions. I want to know more about you"
"Okie"

"Favourite colour?"
"Blue or black"

"Favourite food?"
"Prawns"
"Shrimp on the barbie?"
"Oh my gosh! We don't say shrimp!"

"Favourite song from each of your favourite bands"
"Twenty One Pilots- Before You Start You Day
Fall Out Boy- The Kids Aren't Alright
Idkhow- Absinthe
And I'm not sure if you've heard of this band but Panic! At the disco- Far Too Young To Die"
"Oh yeah? Never heard on the last one"

We both laugh as I place the bowl of Mac and cheese in front of her.

"Right. Country you've always wanted to visit?"
"London"

"Favourite drink?"
"Probably coffee"
"Me too"

We were halfway through both our game and lunch when we hear the door open.

"Hello?" A familiar voice calls out.
"Is that Sarah?" Anna asks, almost whispering. I nod my head.
"In here Sarah!"

She walks into the kitchen and hugs me.
"You must be Anna? I'm Sarah but I think you know that." She says while looking at Anna's jumper.

Anna nods her head and Sarah gives her a huge hug.
"Are you sure I'm not dreaming?" Anna asks.
"Nope. We've definitely adopted you. Sarah is definitely hugging you and I definitely just fed you some odd Mac and cheese."
Anna laughs, "you know it wasn't that bad actually"
"Thanks"
"So what do I call you guys?"
"You can call us mom, mum, dad, Sarah, Brendon whatever you find comfortable" my wife tells her.
"Just don't call me Mr. Urie please" I pipe up with
"Ok Mr. Disco"

We all die with laughter.
God I love her already. Her personality, her sense of humour, her accent. I'm glad she's ours.

——————————————————————
Thanks for 100+ reads 😊
Right so just a heads up (because I'm Australian);
- I spell things with ou (flavour, colour)
- I say mum not mom
- in Australia we have different names for things

I'll try my best to match America but I've never been there so I apologise in advance.

Stay safe love you all

Kelsey

P.S- I'll always spell things with 'ou' because otherwise it's weird for me