A gift for the uchiha

The war ended and took so many lives, even though people celebrated after all the Shinobies came back no one could feel the bitterness of losing someone, and hinata was one of them, she remembered those days so well, how she broke down in the middle of the celebration crying without even trying to control herself, she wanted it out she remembered only hot tears on her face her vision wasn't clear and only one hand patted on her back, then strong arms carried her out of there she didn't know to whom these arms belonged to she gussied it was Naruto. Hinata struggled with depression for months after the war. Since she lost her precious cousin, she decided to help at the hospital for a while. That's why when she entered the hospital so many greeted her. She went straight to sakura. " hello sakura-chan" the medic looked up with wide eyes "hinata-chaan" she stood welcoming her friend and they both took a seat facing each other. "How have you been?" Hinata left her bag beside her feet "I've been good, naruto-kun came the day before yesterday and left this morning" sakura knelt forward "so you need them?" And hinata nodded, every time Naruto came back home she would come and ask sakura for these dark balls medicines "Naruto-kun was more stress than before i hope these will help him gets better" sakura remembered something and called for hinata "could you please tell Naruto to meet me tomorrow" hinata nodded her head but she was curious so she asked about the reason and the medic nin sighed "actually sasuke's birthday is coming and kakashi told us to celebrate it with him" hinata noticed the change in sakura's face "is there a problem sakura-chan?" She smiled or faked a smile "actually, i don't want to go" (oh so it's that again) "But kakashi-sensei was the one who asked so.." (so she had to go) Hinata frown sasuke needed them the most now but she couldn't blame sakura she didn't experienced the pain sakura had before and hoped she wouldn't. "I'm sure it'll go well ,thank you sakura-chan" then she left so tomorrow was sasuke's birthday and a smile drew her lips upward.
__________________________
Shikamaru was standing beside the window watching the hyuga making her way inside "hinata is coming" he heard the sigh from behind him, and that made his brow raised "I knew it" it was a whispered but Shikamaru heard him, why wasn't he happy it was like his affection for the Hyūga was fading a little bit he remembered the first she came holding those medicines with her, when she opened the door Naruto's eyes went from frowning hard to huge with sparkles and after a while his reaction changed to laughing sheepishly and rubbing his head then nodding and now a sigh. The knock on the door didn't help Naruto to at least fake a smile but at least his frown faded, "hello Naruto-kun ,Shikamaru-san" she greeted the dark haired man with a small bow. Then went to her beloved fiancé "here Naruto-kun" then she held the capsules and the food box out "sakura-chan gave it to me" Shikamaru watched as she desperately begged for his attention "please eat it after dinner, Sakura-chan said she added something to it" then it came "stop it will you?" That made the nara froze. Shikamaru expected an argument but all she did after a minutes was nodding her head, hiding her face behind the locks of her bangs before she headed to the door and stopped "sa..sakura-chan asked to meet you tomorrow for sasuke-kun's birthday" her voice was lower than its normal and both of the males knew why then she opened the door and closed it gently behind her, he thought about another person, someone who would punch him if he said that to her. Then he glared at the blonde before he left this damned room too.
__________________________
"Suck it up hinata you're a Shinobi" is what her lovely ,little sister said when she cried because Naruto ignored her confession. And now she walked through the crowd fighting back her tears. (Think of something else, anything else, what for dinner? No that was a bad idea) then for her first time her brain helped her (sasuke's birthday) what would she bring for him? She wondered if it was ok to celebrate it with them after all it was team 7 thing not 8. Maybe she will gave it for him the day after tomorrow, what would he like? The only thing she knew about him was tomatoes and that was it. What would he need as a gift? Hinata walked through konoha's street searching for a hint before darkness.
____________________________
He was dragged again out of that place by one of kakashi's anbu. He was laying on the floor of his old home at the uchiha's. He was relieved when he first knew that uchiha's part wasn't effected by pain's attack the first time he came after the war ended there were some parts which were affected and destroyed but not his home, sasuke walked to the building where kakashi would be seated surrounded by dozens of papers. But on his way towards the hokage someone had caught his eyes, it was a coincidence, a signal from the god maybe. The only reason he believed in god and miracles was her. He stared at her and took a deep breath and held it inside for a long ,long seconds and finally he released his breath and that made him realized how much he missed her presence around him and he already wanted to go back to the uchiha. It was his only escape now, he didn't want to admit and he never thought he would but he was escaping. So all he did was standing behind a group of people and watched her go inside the small store. Then he gathered his courage and continued his way.
_____________________
She has been thinking all the day about sasuke's gift. It was the perfect distraction from her conversation with Naruto, then she remembered when she visited him before the dinner. (Yukata!) is what she thought. Then she went directly to her usual place where she always go.
____________________________
Sasuke didn't knock on the door he just opened it and left it to close itself. Then walked inside the office "what is it now?" Kakashi looked with a smile "ahh sasuke welcome ,welcome~" well that how his sensei always welcomed him and sasuke couldn't help but rolled his eyes. "Kakashi what's it?" Kakashi sighed it seemed his students had no respect for him now even though he was the hokage. First sakura dropped the sensei and now sasuke at least Naruto hadn't. Then suddenly his face turned serious "sasuke, you and Naruto and the top of our Shinobi will be send to a secret mission to the small towns we want to make sure that there is no trace of the Akatsuki" sasuke frowned at that "we don't want to lower our guard and Tsunade-sama mentioned that before and this is a serious and very dangerous mission even for you sasuke uchiha" kakashi noticed every change in sasuke's face "why me?" He asked wanting to know if there was any doubts about his loyalty kakashi rested his elbows on the table "because you may know where they would hide sasuke and another personal reason so.." kakashi rested his back on his chair "we will send a tracking team first" that caught his attention well "who are the tracking team?" Kakashi's brow raised so sasuke continued " you said this is a dangerous mission so I want to know if I could trust them or not" lie.. that wasn't the reason " well who's better than team 8 and few more from the anbu—" kakashi stopped when sasuke's palms slammed his table "keep the Hyūga out of this" he glared at the hokage and the hokage himself was confused "hyuga hinata?" Then he chuckled "sasuke don't underestimate her, Hinata Hyuga is a strong Shinobi and I don't need to mention that she has the Byakugan too" the glare on sasuke hardened "just let her out if you don't then forget sending me there" then he left.
___________________
Hinata looked at the yukata in front of her it was a small change and it would be perfect. She smiled while she added something in the back of it "i hope sasuke-kun will like it"
_____________________
Sasuke was walking faster between the crowd he lied  it wasn't because he didn't trust her or doubting her strength but it was fear, fear of losing her.. He was tired of losing. "Hinata Hyuga is a strong Shinobi" he already know that but sasuke didn't see her as a normal person, he had always seen her as if she was the only thing that made his life possible and livable.