Finding reasons

Shikamaru rolled in his bed, he didn't konoha the reason he laid on his bed even though he knew that the sleep won't come any time soon. The memory of the standing hyuga in front of that building came up. The fit time he saw her he was about to offer walking her home but looking at the building then realization hit him. That place where the last uchiha lived, then he didn't he was lost in two options whether he say hi and walk her home but that would be awkward to bothof them or stay until she leave. He couldn't walk home without being caught, he chose the second option and waited for her to leave.
Hinata looked up to the building ,her whit eyes carried so many things he couldn't read they weren't the same bright, happy eyes he was used to ,the longing and craving for the place she was looking into ,or the person who lived there. Shikamaru didn't need more time to figure what was happening and he couldn't blame her they were his friends but he couldn't think of something to do to help them.
Hinata took a deep breath and closed her eyes before she left.
The view of her back dig inside his memories and he didn't need more. What should he do? He thought many times without finding an answer. Then something came , (what would she do?) if she was here maybe she would know how to handle it.
Shikamaru remembered the times he called stupid , idiot then realized that she had none of that she was smart not as he was but she was, Ino would thought of the best for each sides. For Naruto , Hinata and even sasuke then the genius rolled again hoping for his own thoughts to leave him, because he knew that tomorrow wouldn't be an easy day.
_____________________________
Work was his favorite time these days and he wanted to make as long as he can. It's strange but.. Nara Shikamaru was avoiding any free time he skipped the breaks and even the lunch he avoid it.
Ino would be pissed if she knew, the blonde had punched him in his face when she knew he locked himself inside his room after the war ended and that punch got him out. The door opened and sai came in "hello, Shikamaru-kun" shikamaru nodded his head "anything important?" Sai was responsible for sending messages and receiving them in the mission "kiba-kun sent this" he took the scroll and opened it they were at their third destination only 4 left and they would be back hopefully soon Shikamaru nodded his head "great, take this to kakashi-sama" sai nodded his head and smiled "kakashi would tell you to drop the sama" Shikamaru didn't find that funny he was focusing on the paper he had in front of him "he is the hokage after all" then he blocked what sai was saying to him he didn't want to hear anything.
______________________
Shikamaru walked out of the building, he was dragging his feet he wanted to go back inside and work until he faint and stayed unconscious forever.
But kakashi insisted on him to leave and rest, Shikamaru sighed and looked at the village it seemed empty like no one was living here despite all the villagers around him and the their noises, he felt awkward walking in the streets alone his arm felt so heavy without someone holding it.
He was about to go to see choji and he had the courage too but now they all faded and he found himself walking again without a destination. It was too early to go home, so home wasn't a choice too.
He sighed again before looking a head of him.
Then spot her walking inside the small cafe they had in the village and a question popped in his head who is better than hyuga who might understand him? Or at least finding the reason why that uchiha had feelings for her and maybe he could make up for all the times he appeared to inform her that Naruto won't be home. "Hinata-chan" the hyuga stepped back to see who was calling for her. "Shikamaru-kun, hello" she waited for the male to get closer "how have you been?" She returned his bow with a sweet smile "I've been great thank you for asking" they fell in silence Shikamaru was staring at her oddly and hinata shifted uncontrollably "would you like to join me? It's a good place" he nodded and mentioned for her to go first.
___________________
They served them the hinata's coffee and chocolate cake the tea Shikamaru ordered with plain dango. He raised his brow at them, he didn't ordered these.
"Dango is a good taste with your tea, you just got off work you should at least eat something and dango don't have a lot of sweetness so it would be fine" she remembered Shikamaru like few sweets in his food not too much a few a taste you might not taste but Shikamaru could ,he looked at her side then the other brow raised before he sipped his tea "since when did you start drinking coffee?" Hinata chewed slower as she searched for an answer "I don't remember" he could understand, he didn't know when he started liking smoking too so there was no question.
"Sasuke-kun, brought me here once to be honest i used to walk passed it without any attention but he told me about the cake here and I'm not leaving this place these days" Shikamaru came up with a question suddenly out loud. "why?" and hinata choked the uneasiness that spread in all of her parts as realization hit her, she knew what he was asking about and she knew the answer already but she couldn't say it, asking suddenly didn't gave any chance for her to ignore the real answer and it was too clear for Shikamaru the answer and where it would lead hinata even though hinata herself didn't know he already knew where all this was going and he felt a little sad for one of the male.
__________________
Shikamaru sat alone in the living room, playing shogi, Thinking too as he looked to the the tea that hinata gave him to help him relax he found the answer About the reason he had that time with the hyuga and he saw it.
What was uchiha sasuke seeing in the hyuga,he saw it.