Cold night

Shikamaru entered his office followed by Naruto (so she spoke) was what inside Shikamaru's head, she had waited enough for him to change but he never did even at this moment he didn't.. Naruto knew he was at fault but he could do nothing about it, He Don't know how to deal with these things.
"Where are you staying tonight?" He was curious but most of it was a hint to go back or find somewhere because he won't welcome him in his house.
"Didn't know you liked flowers this much" Naruto spoke without answering Shikamaru's question as he observed the flowers that was placed over one of the tables in the office "I don't, these from Ino?" looking at it naruto thought back of hinata, she used to took care of them first thing in the morning before her tea ,before baking her cookies and before everything else she preferred them on anything else they were her favorite thing but she preferred something else over them...him. Naruto sighed again remembering all the time she woke him up with a smile, taking care of his health ,treating his wounds he wondered if these little flowers she had beside the window were jealous of him? naruto tried to covered his expression with a huge smile as he carried the flowers with him "you let them beside the window so the sunlight would reach them" shikamaru stopped writing stopping naruto in the middle of his steps to the window "these are peace lily naruto" as he expected naruto didn't understood but he didn't blame him" they should be kept away from direct light" naruto looked at it again confused what kind of planet that doesn't need sunlight "who told you that?" shikamaru returned back to his writing "ino" now naruto was confused "so are you telling me that ino gave them to you?" and he nodded then "why?" shikamaru mumbled without taking his eyes off the paper "doesn't she gave everyone?" naruto rubbed his chin not remembering he received any "i didn't" now it was shikamaru's turn to be confused but his confusion didn't last long "maybe only our team" walking back to returned them to their place naruto asked "what kind of flowers that stay in the shadow?" shikamaru sighed hoping naruto would be quiet "not every flowers like lavenders naruto" and Naruto did, he didn't ask any other question, shikamaru was confused but didn't ask he wanted to work peacefully he didn't know that his words had effected the future hokage, naruto touched the flowers they smelled different from hinata's he sighed again how much did he miss from her he doesn't know her favorite color and yet shikamaru knew her favorite flower. naruto felt bad it was like everyone in this village know her but him, he chuckled sadly as he tried to cheer (at least there is one person who doesn't know her better than him) he wondered where he was at now? and why he decided to leave again.

_____________________________________

"here" shikamaru looked at the flowers ino holding to him "what are these for?" she rolled her bright blue eyes "for you dummy" she placed them in his hands "but I wasn't in a mission" ino took his arm and dragged him somewhere "well I did" he smirked at her excuse "shouldn't I be the one to bring you one" she sighed as she fixed her hair with her other hand "place them at your office since its dark and creepy there" she always complain about his work "I don't know how to take care of the flowers" he loved the way she rolled her eyes ""god shika, you only need to give them water no sunlight or anything else just get up from your tired ass and give them the water only" he smiled at her before nodding his head

___________________________________

shikamaru smiled at his memory and got up finishing his papers and giving the flowers what they need before leaving

________________________________

the night was colder than the night before or was it her? she had prepared herself to sleep but she didn't, she stood at the window with her thin clothes letting the wind to hit her thin body, she hoped that it would show up this night she had a lot to tell, this day seemed so long a lot of things happened, if only this night it would show up at her window. hinata closed her eyes at the strong wind hitting her face where was her life going to. she was a good person what happened now? was her fault? Naruto's? she didn't know it's been hours since she waited her and finally her eyes found rest as she closed them not knowing what would happen next.

_______________________________

hyuga hanabi stayed awake that night, few days only , few days left then more responsibility were added on her shoulders and she already felt the stress that was waiting for her, she sighed as she woke up and threw the blanket off her body, touching the wooden floor with her feet, the coldness didn't make her flinch she was used to it she walked to her closet changing her clothes to other knowing that the idea she just had was crazy but if rest was coming after then she wouldn't mind

________________________________

shikamaru opened his door, sighing after the long day he had "aren't you going to welcome me?" shikamaru ended up taking naruto with him home he didn't say anything but the uzumaki had walked with him until his home and he couldn't do anything else but to let him in "you should've enjoyed at your home" shikamaru turned the light on and walked to the fridge taking out whatever his mother made for him for dinner as he put on the table two plate and the food he looked at the bottle of juice in his fridge then narrowed his eyes, these wasn't from his mother, who?? he took it out and with two cups then began to eat naruto pressed his balms together "Itdakimas" then began to eat< shikamaru looked at him as he eats slowly (like a kid) shikamaru thought then he wondered about all the time hinata had been secretly watching him from a far and how many years she hided it, she had waited too long and then nothing came out of it she wasted her time on the wrong person, shikamaru looked at his friend eating half of the food in one bite, he didn't seem to have a problem at all, shikamaru sighed then got up "i will go sleep" naruto looked at him confused "wash the dishes when you finish" naruto growled but did as he was told and when he followed shikamaru he figured that shika wasn't that bad he had fixed him a nice place to sleep in he brushed his teeth before he changed and lay down and when shikamaru found sleepiness covering his vision naruto spoke "ne shika, why do you think sasuke left the village?" was that what was worrying him the most? wasn't he worried that hinata wouldn't forgive him? but he didn't ask "I don't know" that didn't seem to satisfied naruto "do you think he planned to live out of the village?" shikamaru rolled on his back looking to the ceiling he didn't know about his intention he didn't care but he answered "maybe" naruto fell silent but when shikamaru thought that he won't say anything again naruto spoke "if he wanted to stay far do you think he won't come back?" a wide smile found its way to shikamaru's lips as he didn't need to think he already know the answer ,the amusement he felt was greater than the world it warmed him more than the blanket over him and yet he answered naruto with a lie "I don't know"

___________________________________________________

hanabi found the strong wind comforting to her, most of the people would disagree with her but she found comfort in the chilling she got when the coldness hit her she walked fast and when got close she spotted his place and stood looking t it from afar she realized this wasn't the right time to come but she did she walked faster until she stood in front of him "I won't apologize for disturbing you, you've been sleeping for way too long don't you think?" her voice showed the coldness inside her "and i'm not here to lecture you, i'm here to ask you something" she looked at her hands as she played with them "how am I going to face hinata?" she remember her sister's face earlier then she looked up "if you were here you would have stopped it" she remember all the times he stood for them she fell silent for a while letting her thought taking control of her but..her father's words came to her head again and again "don't show your weakness" but this time this was neji not an enemy so she let them for this once 'they lied neji-ni" her sobs flew out of her mouth "they..they said that dead people watch over us from the sky but you don't " her fists clench as she remember all the times she believed them and waited "they said that you will visit me in my dreams but you never showed up" nothing but nightmares waited for her in her bed "if you were you wouldn't let them decided on their own our life" she felt betrayed "I'm not strong a they thought of me, I became so weak I'm afraid of the darkness in my room i still believe that there would a monster under my bed but.." she looked at the floor not knowing how to find the right word "they don't understand" feeling hopeless that she felt that she spoke to nothing a stone she wiped her tears "you don't even hear me do you?! i'm crying my heart out and I'm really worried that i will go back home without anyone knowing what i'm going through" she glared at the stones hard and then ....hanabi hyuga the next leader of the hyuga clan collapsed on the dirty ground.

NOTE: i feel like this chapter is so short but I wanted to make something before the events change so this one came, I'm so happy to see so many people reading it and for all the votes and sweet and amazing comments thank you all for these simple things they mean a lot to me.