1

The butterflies within my stomach slammed against my rib cage

The butterflies within my stomach slammed against my rib cage. My gut told me how dangerous this meeting would be. But, I trust Lincoln. He would never put me in a harmful situation. At least, I hoped he would never. When Lincoln came to explain to Anya that the skaikru wanted to have a meeting, she didn't want to go through with it. That was until I stepped in and helped influence her decision. I just hoped that I wouldn't be making a mistake.

I trusted in Lincoln's judgment. If he believed that skaikru could be good people, then I would stick by his side. The man that I viewed as my brother would never steer me wrong. There is a reason Lexa—my sister—chose him as my mentor and protector. Even after they tortured him, he seemed to believe they all weren't bad people. It confused me how he had so much hope in them and believed they were truly good people, even after they tortured him and have given him a reason to hate them.

As Anya and I approached the bridge on our steeds, with riders by our sides, Lincoln and three of skaikru could be seen standing near the middle of the bridge waiting for us.

I learned from my time observing skaikru's camp that the three were known as Finn, Clarke and Octavia. Clarke held a look of awe, amazed by the sight of our horses. Finn on the other hand spoke quietly to Lincoln, most likely angry about our weapons. Lincoln should've known we would never come unarmed.

As Clarke made her way to the middle of the bridge, Anya and I dismounted our horses doing the same. Once at the center, Anya began to discuss with Clarke about their invasion. I on the other hand look around at our surroundings, catching movement on the other side of the bridge. I'd lost sight of it, naming it off as a wild animal and let it go.

"I'm Anya and this is Eclipsa. She is my second and some what my commander." Anya introduces, capturing my attention. All eyes land on me, surprised expressions on the three skaikru's faces.

Clarke nods her head, raising her hand to shake with the both of us. When neither of us raise our own to shake her hand, she awkwardly lowers hers. "I think we got off to a rough start but we want to find a way to live together, in peace." She explains, earning a chuckle from me.

"I understand." I interject, taking a step closer to the blonde. "You've started a war that you don't know how to end."

"What? No. We didn't start anything." Clarke denys, shaking her head. "You attacked us for no reason." I scoff, taking another step closer to her. Her and her people tortured Lincoln, we have reasons. Lincoln walks over, wrapping an arm around me to keep me calm. Shaking my head, I relax somewhat in my brothers arms. I don't miss the look of envy and jealousy thrown at me from Octavia, Lincoln's forbidden lover.

"No reason?" Anya speaks up now. "The missles you launched burned a village to the ground." She justifies, the sound of frustration evident in her voice.

Clarke's brows furrow in confusion, before realization dawns on her. The flares? No. That was a signal meant for our families. We had no idea-"

"You're invaders. Your ship landed in our territory. We would have attacked long ago, if it weren't for Lincoln and Eclipsa." Anya cuts Clarke off quickly.