15

I spent the rest of the night at Niylah's in the rover after I woke up-once Monty and Octavia made it back-far from the drama going on within

I spent the rest of the night at Niylah's in the rover after I woke up-once Monty and Octavia made it back-far from the drama going on within. Knowing Clarke, she'll update me with everything once it's all cooled. Or so I thought she would. I didn't expect to be brought out of my daze by Monty and Bellamy rushing outside to dismantle something in the rover.

"What are you doing?" I question, jumping out of the passenger seat.

Before they answer my question, Bellamy looks up into the night sky. "Drone!" He shouts, making me look behind me.

"She's here." Monty says, turning towards the drone as well.

Bellamy walks closer, loading his gun.
He aims the weapon at the drone and shoots it down in one shot.

The drone falls to the forest floor, as Monty and I look shocked at the quick moment. "Not anymore. Get the damn battery. Go!" Bellamy tells Monty, rushing him to do so.

I walk back into Niylah's home with Monty and Bellamy, wanting to see what's happening now. As we walk into the room where Raven is being held, I see the commotion. The others struggle to hold the girl down, who continues to fight against them.

Monty manages to connect the battery to the switch that they're using to..shock Raven back to herself. Sinclair flips the switch, sending shocks throughout Raven's body. The girl screams out in pain, before she blacks out.

She was alive thankfully and back to her normal self.

𖥸

Bellamy drives full speed through an open field, towards our destination. I hung onto the outside of the rover, liking it better than the inside. It made me feel less confined, not being used to the vehicle. But I missed out on everyone inside who were talking about nightblood.

I missed the part where Clarke brought me into it as well. Telling the others I have nightblood too. They didn't understand why I wasn't volunteered. Until Clarke brought up a promise she made my sister. One that I didn't know of.

A promise to never put the flame in me, if I didn't want it. That I would be protected. And that was a promise Clarke would never break. Especially after she's grown closer to me. I was one of the last things she had to remind her of Lexa. It was selfish, but true. If she had me, she felt closer to Lexa. A reminder.

As we got closer to Arkadia, I become tense. I knew what would be there and what would bring back horrible flashbacks. Walking behind the group and the rover, I try to walk slower. Not wanting to go into the confinement where Lincoln was killed.

Monty drove the rover in, the rest of us alert. My heart didn't stop beating fast, the more we grew closer to where it happened.

Stopping in my tracks, not far from the others, I stare at the puddle before us. Octavia and Bellamy doing the same. The blood was still there. His blood still in the mud. Taunting me, torturing me. Showing me what happened because I wasn't there.