23

Bellamy and I duck behind carts and huts, hiding from the scouts who walk by

Bellamy and I duck behind carts and huts, hiding from the scouts who walk by. We ease our way through the streets, making our way to Echo's hide out. I look up towards a building, turning back to tell Bellamy. Only to see him looking at me already. Ignoring it, I point up to the building where Echo looked over the battlefield. He and I sneak into an alleyway, hiding behind a pillar. The sound of approaching heavy footsteps echo throughout the streets.

I place my finger over my lips, shushing Bellamy, who looks about ready to fight if needed. He and I remain side by side, hugging the wall behind us to stay hidden behind the pillar. The sound of a door creaking closed, tells me that there's now two people out here now.

I see Luna's wild curly hair, as she runs towards the fighter she's about to battle, a part of me hoping she'll make it. And she does, killing him with one hit of her weapon. Seeing her this deadly brought back memories from her first conclave. It struck fear in my bones, skaikru changed her for the worst.

As soon as I see her leave the area, I rush out of the alley and towards Echo. Bellamy rushes after me, trying to keep up. He and I make our way up to the floor she's on, I'm the first to go in. As the door creaks, I know she'll try to shoot at me. I roll across the floor, dodging her arrow as it imbeds itself into the wall behind me.

Kicking her weapons out of her hand, she and I exchange a few punches. Before she can do any serious damage, I spin my right leg, knocking Echo off her feet. Without a second too late, I get back up and slam my foot against her throat. Pressing harder and harder. She tries her best to release the pressure from her throat, thrashing at me. My stance remains strong, having the upper hand. Echo was no match to me.

The sound of commotion behind me, only made me now remember Bellamy was with me. Roan enters the room, kicking Bellamy to the floor beside Echo, his sword pointed at him.

I groan, stepping away from Echo, allowing her to breathe again. As she gags and coughs, holding at her throat, I couldn't help bu relish in the moment. The big bad Echo wasn't so big and bad.

"I knew these two would be a problem, but I expected better from you, Yongon." Roan comments, glaring towards his warrior. "I heard you all the way down the street. You're all lucky I wasn't a scout." Rolling my eyes, I place my hand over Roan's to lower his weapon. He doesn't fight me from doing so, only to make Bellamy scrunch his face in jealousy.

"Your warrior is the reason we're here." I state, standing beside Roan with my arms crossed. He wouldn't test me and if he did, he couldn't best me.

Again, Roan raises his sword, this time towards Echo. "Explain yourself." He commands her.

"I was only trying to help save our people." She justifies her actions. I scoff, looking away from her and out the window.

"I am not my mother." Roan argues, angered by her involvement. "I'm not willing to cast aside honor for power." He states, scaring Echo.