18

"Ok

"Ok. The king is clear." Echo announces to her people. I remain beside Bellamy and Kane, next to Echo's horse. It didn't feel right to be beside them, but it kept me alive. "Archers, the first gunshot you hear, loose your arrows. Infantry, on my command, scatter and climb. Kill till there's no one left." She orders her peoples, who get into positions.

Kane looks over his shoulder towards Echo, "This is insane. They knew you were coming. We have thousands of rounds. You'll be the ones with no one left." He tries to intimidate her. I shake my head in disapproval, he isn't make this better for him and his people.

"Then let's hope no one shoots."

I remain quiet beside her, minding my own business. Up until she turns towards me, feeling the need to speak to me. "I don't know why you choose to side with them. They killed your friend, your brother, your sister, your people." She says, catching my attention. Bellamy glances over to us two upon hearing her words, his heart clenching in guilt. "You remain strong and resilient after all their deaths. That makes you strong. Roan says he will take you in." Echo makes it known, making Bellamy feel uneasy with the news.

"I am Trikru. You are Azgeda. It will remain that way." I say in a calm and collected voice.

"To Roan, he believes he can change your mind. Bring you to our side, where you will survive."

𖥸

The sounds of footsteps and pebbles crunching beneath feet causes the army to raise their weapons. Monty walks out from behind a rock with both hands up, showing he is unarmed and wanting to speak with Echo.

Echo dismounts her horse, as a warrior brings Monty closer. "Speak." She simply says to the Asian boy, wanting this to be over with.

Monty's hand remain raised, "One of our people has moved out of formation. I've reason to believe he's trying to kill your king."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Why do you think he's telling you this?" Bellamy butts in. "He's trying to stop a massacre."

Echo turns back to two warriors telling them to come with her. She grips onto my hand, forcing me to come with. As we begin to walk away, Kane shouts for us to stop. "If our snipers see archers on the move, they'll open fire. Tell her." He urges Monty.

"Those are our orders."

"I will not allow my king to be assassinated." Echo argues, going to leave again.

Bellamy is the one to speak up again, "He doesn't have to be. I know Riley. Let me come with you. I can stop him." Bellamy tried to persuade Echo.

"Do you think me a fool, Bellamy?"

"You'd be a dead fool if you step out of this kill box. Without me. Taking Eclipsa with you." He admits to her, making Echo turn to me. It doesn't bother me, if it is my time. Then it is my time. "Use Monty's radio and let Kane tell them we're working together to find Riley, and they'll let us pass."