27

"Clarke, this isn't right." Madi pouts, listening to the man's screams down below. The three of us remained crouched down on a high ridge line watching the team of new sky people search for us.

Clarke's eyes become sympathetic, the voice in her head telling her this was indeed wrong. "Madi, I know but this is our home, your home." She empathized, bringing back memories form before.

"And they want to take it from us."

"That's right."

"But he doesn't have to suffer. We can kill him now right?" Madi adds, wanting to put the poor intruders misery to rest.

Clarke urns her gaze back down towards the man, "Not yet." Madi frowned, coming closer toward me. Without a word, I place my hand on her shoulder, reassuring her that we'd be okay. We all watch from above, as the people approach the man that stumbled upon one of our many traps. As one of them stepped forward, Clarke shot a bullet through his head.

Immediately killing him.

My brows furrow in confusion, as another man walks out from behind a tree root with what looked to be a fun. The shot came straight towards us, a blast of what seemed to be sonic waves or vibrations? Without a second late, I pulled Madi behind me, as the blast came.

When the smoke cleared, I rolled across the rocky ground, ringing prominent in my ears. Coughing, I crawled over towards Madi and Clarke. "A-are you okay?" I groaned, grabbing Clarke's shoulder. The blonde nods her head, before instruction Madi and I to run. Ignoring the pain in my head and ringing in my ears, I continued to pull Madi along with me.

We all continued to run, Madi now pulling Clarke-who continues to grunt and groan in pain. It wasn't until we stopped for a moment, did we see Clarke was injured. Before either Madi or I could help, Clarke pushed us towards a direction to hide.

"Right here." Clarke states, as we approach a hole in the ground. "You need to get in here." She says to Madi. The young night blood struggle against the blonde, wanting and begging for us to come with her. "Get in now. I'll lead them away and Eclipsa will stay with you here." Clarke panicked, placing Madi into the hole. I step away from her, when she reaches out to me. "Eclipsa, please. There's no time to argue."

I shook my head, resting my hand on her bicep. "I will not leave you, sister."

"Please, go." Clarke begged, pulling towards the hole. "I need you to stay with Madi. Protect her and yourself." I bite my lip, doing as she asked obediently. Once inside the hole, I pull Madi into my arms. Clarke hands the child a pistol, before placing a pile of branches & leaves over us and running off into the distance.

I held Madi close, breathing calmly as possible. She held onto me for dear life, afraid of what would happen to us. The stomps and shouts of the sky continued on, following in the direction of Clarke's path.

Don't get caught, Clarke.

Please don't get caught.

Once the sun set, Madi and I made our way towards the caves. Although, it wasn't very long till the intruders came too. When we heard them coming, we made a run for it. We headed straight towards our hunting grounds, waiting for them to fall into a trap. None of the men did so, instead heading back the direction they came from. As if they were being called back.