21

Kane tried his absolute best to convince Bellamy that we couldn't go after the two stuck in the rain

Kane tried his absolute best to convince Bellamy that we couldn't go after the two stuck in the rain. But of course, Bellamy didn't obey his orders and instead got into the drivers seat and began out drive to save the two men stuck in the black rain.

As we zoomed through the forest, I couldn't help but reach out to hold Bellamy's forearm. Someway to comfort him. He looks towards me for a split second, but I keep my eyes on the road ahead. I know this would only confuse him more, as it does for me.

I zone out, as the drive continues. Bellamy speaks with the man on the other line, as I sit by and watch the rain flow down the window. I shiver in the rover, the cold clothes on me causing a problem. Groaning, i take my armor and weapons off to throw them in the back. I don't bother to look back at Bellamy, who glances towards me. He continues to speak into the radio, trying to find where the stranded skaikru are.

I reach back into my pack, pulling out Luka's fur coat. One that I kept at the bottom of my bag, never having the courage to bring it out after he died. When I returned to Polis with Lexa and Clarke, I found it laying on my bed. With a few of his other belongings.

I wrap the coat around me, warming myself up. Sadly, I couldn't change. I'd have to stay in my soaking wet pants and long sleeve I had on for awhile. At least the coat would keep me warm.

The sound of thunder and flash of lightning ahead spooks Bellamy, who swerves. I look through the window, searching for any signs of danger. "What happened?"

Bellamy presses his foot down onto the gas pedal, switching gears. The rover doesn't move, stuck in its place. No matter how hard he tries, the rover won't move. Instead sinking farther into the mud it's stuck in. Despite all his efforts, he knew he couldn't get out to them in time.

He speaks with the stranded man as Kane over the radio, debating all options on what to do. Kane helped to talk him out of going out into the rain, but that didn't help to make it any better.

"I'll go. I can go get them, save them." I offer, about to open my door. Bellamy rests his right hand on my shoulder and shakes his head to disagree with me. "Why not? Allow me to help." I scrunch my face in distaste, I could go out into the storm and get them.

"No. They'll have to go through the rain with you, it'll only be worse. And they don't know you like we do, they'll be afraid." He acknowledges.

I sigh, leaning my head back on the head rest. Clutching onto the coat, i pull it around me securely. Making sure I remained warm and covered.

I failed again at protecting someone.

If I can't protect my own people, what made me think I could protect these people?

Or Qetsiyah?

All I've done is make it worse.

Bellamy apologizes to the two men stuck in the rain, hitting me deep in my heart. The sounds of the mans cries only making it much harder on Bellamy. Out of frustration, he slams his fists against the dash.