28

Two guards escort Bellamy and I to Clarke's holding cell, leaving us at her door

Two guards escort Bellamy and I to Clarke's holding cell, leaving us at her door. Before I open the door, Bellamy stops me from doing so. His hand is placed on mine, pulling it into his own. I look up towards his eyes, still angry with his proposition.

"Talk to me, Angel." Bell pleads, holding my hand in his. "What's going through that head of yours?"

I shake my head, letting his hands fall. "You've been here less than a day, yet you're already bargaining land that doesn't belong to you and endangering lives all over again." He sighed, wanting to explain himself. "Stop, Bellamy." I state, avoiding his eyes. "I don't want your excuse. Just go inside and speak to her, I'll wait out here." Bellamy reluctantly does so, as I hold the door open for him.

I stood outside, as they both spoke to each other. My mind seemed to jump from one subject to the next. The butterflies in my stomach pounded inside of me, nervous about the reunion that was coming. I'd be reunited with Qetsiyah soon and I couldn't wait to have her back in my arms. We'd all be reunited and together again.

I tap my left foot continuously, nervous about reuniting with everyone. Diyoza's ship landed near the entrance to Polis, her men working away at the debris over the bunker entrance. Clarke stood to my right, holding my hand and Bellamy to my left. Every part of me wanted to be with Qetsiyah and my people again. So, i continued to tap my foot impatiently.

"How do you feel, E?" Clarke whispered, eyes trained forward.

I shrug, biting at my lip. "Nervous. I just-I want to hold Qetsiyah in my arms." Clarke smiles, pulling me into her side. "Time has passed and she's grown, that's no doubt. I will see her and my clan again. I'll see Octavia again. I..I never thought I'd be here today." I recall, grazing my left hand over my scar. Clarke reaches for my hand, bringing it back down to my side with a reassuring smile.

"She's going to be beyond happy to have you back, E."

Not long after, the earth beneath our feet begins to rumble and the invaders break through the surface above the bunker. The three of us rush over to the now gaping hole into the bunker, preparing to be lowered down.

Bellamy is the first to descend into the bunker, then Clarke, I follow soon after. My heart pounded in my chest, ready to jump out. The once familiar rotunda, now was covered in blood. What I saw as I continued down the rope was anything but peaceful. I smelt death and felt the pain and evil. The things that happened down here, I would never understand. As I dropped down to the concrete floor beneath me, red blood coating onto my palm, the tensions rose in the bunker. I stood to my full height, standing in the center of the rotunda with Bellamy and Clarke. My eyes scanned over the surrounding area, watching my people whisper and watch.

Out from the shadows, Octavia walked forward with a young girl beside her. She carried herself with confidence and intimidation. She portrayed the figure of a commander, I felt pride spike in me. My eyes zoned in on the young girl, who looked to be no older than 16. Immediately, i knew those brown doe eyes were my little nightblood.