6

I walk alongside Clarke as two riders escort us to her camp

I walk alongside Clarke as two riders escort us to her camp. She remained quiet the whole way. I do feel bad that the man she loved would be killed, but blood must have blood. She should be glad that my sister has only asked for one life in return for the massacre.

As we approach the gate, the guards aim their weapons towards the riders and I. My gaze remains forward on the freckled, handsome face of Bellamy Blake. I admit that he isn't that bad looking, but his personality wasn't so pretty. "Hold your fire. She's back." He orders their guards, before looking over to me. "The grounder is with Clarke."

Before I follow the blonde teen, one of the riders stop me. "Be alert, Yongon. Attack if needed. We have a group waiting if you need them." I nod my head, before leaving the two to wait for Finn. I pay no attention to Clarke and Finns' conversation. I just want to speak with Lincoln and see that he is okay.

Bellamy walks alongside me, glancing over repeatedly. "Spit it out, what do you want?" I turn towards him, bursting his personal bubble. He blinks a few times to gather himself, stepping back from me.

"Why are you here?" He questions. I shake my head. Why must he know everything all the time?

"I'm here to see Lincoln." I say, waiting for Clarke to inform her inner circle about what my sister offered. None of them seem happy to hear the news, glancing towards me wearily. Many who listened in wanted to give him up, while others didn't. Raven was the first to react by shoving and punching someone that got too close. I stood back, enjoying the chaos.

𖥸

"He's not a reaper anymore, he doesn't need to be restrained." Clarke points out, looking towards her mother.

"Yes, I do." Lincoln objects, I hold onto his bicep to comfort him.

"Just tell us, is there a way to make peace?" Abby, Clarke's mother asks. Clarke, Octavia and Abby look towards us and wait for a response.

"Did she leave riders behind?"

"Two just outside the gate. About 10 others on the North side of the wall."

"The two at the front are waiting for Finn. The ten others are for Eclipsa, her protection." Lincoln explains, earning me gazes from the three women.

Octavia steps up. "She can't expect us to just hand over one of our own people. Would she do that?"

"She wouldn't let her people die to protect a murderer." Lincoln says, staring directly into Octavia's eyes. "If you don't do this, she will kill everyone in this camp."

"There has to be something else that we can offer." Abby tries to say, switching her gaze between Lincoln and I.

I shook my head, as Lincoln explained. "Finn took 18 lives. Innocent children and elderly killed. The commanders offering to take just one. Take the deal."