20

Both men remain in the front, taking stabs at each others pride. Only making it more and more harder to not wanna stab my own eyes out.

They can't just put it to the side for now.

As we drive to an intersection, Bellamy comes to a stop. I look out the windshield, seeing the body of the man from before. Who was wounded. This isn't good. Qetsiyah tried to look over me, but I push her back gently.

Bellamy makes a move to open his door, but is stopped by Roan. "They left a body. We need to see if we can pick up their trail." Roan and I think the same thing, shaking our heads.

"We burn our dead. Not leave them out to rot." I explain to the sky boy, gesturing towards the elderly man.

"They're still here." Roan's adds on to what I say. "Back up now." He orders Bellamy.

The boy doesn't do so, denying that there's anyone out here. As I crouch back down, something slams against the outside of the rover.

If this ain't a sign, Bellamy, I don't know what is. One by one, each Trikru warriors from earlier start to jump onto the vehicle. Slamming their fists against it. I pull Qetsiyah behind me, who shakes in fear of her own people.

Bellamy points his pistol at the man from before. He tries to negotiate with him, not getting the answers he wants. As his is happening, the dots begin to connect in Roan's head.

"Bellamy."

"What?"

"Trucks not here." Roan's blinks rapidly, his face scrunched up in realization.

Bellamy switches his gun between two grounders, "How the hell do you know that?"

"Because everyone does what's best for their own people. It was my men who took them." Roan's explains, looking between Bellamy and I.

I told you!

A grounder runs forwards about to stab Roan, when I pull him by his shoulders back onto his seat. The blade barely missing him by an inch. He tries to push away the attackers hands, as Bellamy starts up the rover again. I fly back, as Bellamy reverses, before he drives forwards again. The acceleration makes me slam back against the river walls. Bellamy looks back, a look of guilt slapped onto his face.

Wow. Whiplash.

I shake my head, clutching at it. Ugh. Qetsiyah rests her hand on my shoulder, wanting to make sure I'm okay. I wave my hand, to say I'm okay. The words not coming out, too busy trying to collect myself again.

𖥸

When we finished our chase after the Azgeda warriors that hijacked the truck, we continued our journey to the coast. The chase was fun that's no lie, but the fact that it put Qetsiyah in danger wasn't. It only made me more scared for her.

"We're here. I'm gonna take the rover back to camp." Bellamy spoke up, when we all made it to the coast.

I debated on it for a moment, before looking towards Qetsiyah. "I'll come along." I state, earning a nod from Bellamy. "Clarke, I trust you to take care of Qetsiyah. She will be much safer along side you." I entrust my sister's lover with my little girl. She hangs her head low, understanding that this must be done.

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮, 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘊𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘦. 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦, 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦. 𝘉𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨." I remind the little girl, kissing her lightly on her head.