5

Once Nyko and I finished counting the dead, we came out with 18 dead. 18 innocent lives taken for nothing.

He and I, with the help of the other villlagers lined up the bodies. Whilst i am covering Artigas's body, I miss the sounds of the horses approaching Tondc. Lexa and a few others traveled back as soon as they got word from a scout. As my sister approached, her eyes landed on me. She took in my tired and physically drained state, relief filled her to know I'm okay and alive.

"Eclipsa." She calls out, dismounting her horse. Quickly, she approaches me and pulls me towards her. Lexa's eyes scan over my body for any injuries, falling on my face. "Come, lets talk in private." She ushers, pulling us into a tent.

Tears that never seemed to stop, fell down my face. Only now these tear were ones of relief, knowing my sister is finally here. I lean my head against her shoulder, allowing her to hug me close. "What happened?" Lexa asks, grasping my face in her hands. She stares at me in concern.

More tears fall, as I think of the moments prior to this. I shake my head, looking down to hide my face. "I was weak." I whimper, wiping my face against my sleeve. I start from the beginning-the bridge-and then to what happened only a few hours ago. "𝘚𝘬𝘢𝘪𝘬𝘳𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮. 𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 18 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦. 𝘏𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦." I try to explain. "𝘈𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘩𝘪𝘮...𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩-𝘩𝘦...𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘈𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘨𝘢𝘴. 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘬." I sobbed.

I expected Lexa to yell or discipline me for not doing better, but it never came. Instead she was gentle and caring.

"You are not weak. You are Eclipsa Kom Trikru, sister of Lexa Kom Trikru. You are Yongon, the warrior that could kill with only her looks. We will avenge their deaths, I promise you." Lexa says, making me look directly at her. I nod my head, quietly. "𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘰𝘯 ." She soothes, holding me close.

𖥸

Two days later...

Lexa took me with her to the capital to interigate Marcus Kane, the leader of Skaikru. His beliefs in peace will be determined soon. Lexa and I came up with a rather smart idea. Alongside Gustus and two other guards, Lexa and I make our way into the holding cell. Lexa wore a simple outfit to make her look harmless, it'd make it more believable. I would keep a mask on my face, to keep my identity a secret for now. Gustus would play the part as Heda, allowing Lexa to observe better.

"You speak of peace, while you send an assassin into one of my villages." Gustus sneered, staring menacingly at Marcus and a dark skinned man who I assumed was another of skaikru. He gestures over to Lexa, who places a pitcher of water on the side.

Marcus steps forward, shocked to hear the news. "What are you talking about?" I glare at him from my position beside Gustus.

"Blood must have blood." Gustus states, looking towards both sky men. Unsheathing his dagger, Gustus points the dagger at each of the two. "One of you will die here today by the other's hand. I will hear the terms of your surrender from the man who lives." He says in a menacing tone, as he throws the dagger to the ground. "𝘍𝘦𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘶𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦." Gustus speaks to Lexa, who plays her role perfectly. Before we exit, I send a look back to my sister.

𖥸

It had taken sometime, till a Warrior informed me that the prisoners were holding Lexa with a knife to her throat. As fast as I could, I made my way back down to the cells. I can't allow myself to think the worst, Lexa could handle them.