16

I hear his heavy footsteps, as he walks through the sand

I hear his heavy footsteps, as he walks through the sand. Bellamy sits beside me, remaining quiet. His eyes go to me, before his hand reaches out. I don't stop him from doing so, which he takes as progress.

"I know that no matter what I say you may never forgive me, but please know that I'm sorry."

I look into his eyes with a blank expression, "Saying that won't bring back the dead."

"When will you forgive me...look at me with something other than disgust?" Bellamy asks, wanting this to be over with. He could t handle losing both me and Octavia.

"I don't know when, Bellamy. Maybe one day, but not now. Not anytime soon." I respond, turning my head away from him.

Bellamy looks back towards the others, "...I lost her." He began, looking at his sister with a pained expression.

"She needs time, Bellamy. To heal and forgive. You can't force it. So, don't." I suggest, looking out to sea.

His eyes grow teary, thinking of his bond that's been broken between him and his sister. "She blames me for killing Lincoln. And I know you do too."

I gulp, going to fiddle with Luka's necklace. "There's a difference between her and I though. You may have not killed Lincoln, but in a way you did." Looking over to him, I try to keep my voice calm. "Her anger is directed at you because you had a part in it. My anger towards you is for many reasons."

"Luka."

I nod my head, eyes tearing up. Sighing, I look up to the sky, not wanting to be weak. "I know you did it out of anger and revenge for Gina. I understand that you did it because you felt you had to." I assures him, before looking down at Luka's necklace. "But it didn't make what you did right. Killing all of those warriors was not the right thing to do. I was taught by Luka and Lincoln to be kind, to understand others actions. Lincoln taught me that though we may not see eye to eye...things will work out somehow. Even if it's painful. And oh god, it is painful." A tear rolls down my left cheek, as I say the last sentence.

Weak.

Bellamy is quick to wipe the tear away, as I sigh. "I know you didn't want Lincoln to die. I know it wasn't your intentions and Octavia knows that too. She will forgive you one day. She needs time to understand everything and heal. You can't force her to speak to you."

He nods his head, before he changes he subject. The topic coming to mind now. "When you look at me what do you see?" Bellamy asks, pleading for me to answer him. Wanting it to be different from what Chipped Raven told him.

"What.."

"When you look at me what do you see?" He says again.

"The man who killed Luka, my brother and protector. The person who stood beside a man who put a bullet into Lincoln, my brother's head. Friend of Finn, who killed Artigas and his mother. Friend to Clarke, who was supposed to be Titus's target not my sister. And sadly, the person who I seem to feel something for."