22

As soon as I reached the capital, I was greeted by Indra

As soon as I reached the capital, I was greeted by Indra. Thankfully. As she escorted me to the temple, she informed me of all that's happened since I've been gone. There's a bunker hidden beneath the temple of Polis and it could hold over a thousand people. Indra and our alliances would be having a talk with Roan in the bunker and she wanted me to be there.

So, as soon as we were inside the temple walls, I greeted Gaia-Indra's daughter-and followed Indra into the bunker below.

It wasn't a long wait down in the bunker before we heard the sound of the bunker door opening and footsteps approaching inside. We all walk out into the middle of the bunker, at the bottom of the stairs. Clarke and Roan are shocked to find me here, expecting me to be with Bellamy. My brows only furrow when I don't see Qetsiyah with them. I'd ask her after this.

"You murdered our people. You burned our villages. Yet you have the nerve to come here in the name of peace." Indra states, face to face with Roan. I stand beside Clarke and watch as the situation unfolds.

Roan remains calm and collected, while Indra's emotions are out on display. "Not peace. Survival. You tried to take this bunker for yourself, yet here I am, willing to talk." He fires back, as Indra walks a distance away from him.

"The Trikru alliance holds the temple. Of course you're willing to talk."

"And the azgeda alliance surrounds it. None of your people will get inside unless we come to terms." Roan admits to Indra, his eyes glancing over to Clarke and I every once in awhile.

Indra's face goes blank, her voice void of any form of emotion. "This war is inevitable. The only reason it hasn't happened before now is that Lexa commanded it." I fold my arms over my chest, agreeing with Indra. My sister wanted there to be unity in some way.

Clarke jumps in, putting in her opinion. "The only thing that's inevitable is praimfaya. In 6 days, anyone who is not in this bunker will be dead." She acknowledges the information to us all.

"Then we should get to it." A woman grounder says, the air within becoming tense.

Clarke looks to Roan for help, but he seemed to have given up on going through his the easy way. "We talked." Roan shrugged, eyes on Clarke. "Now we fight." He says, looking back towards Indra, who's ready to kill.

"No. There is room for 1,200 people in here. We could share it equally. All of the clans can survive. That's what Lexa would have wanted." Clarke points out the everyone, looking towards me when she said her last sentence.

I nod my head, going to stand beside Indra. "You're right. My sister would have. And if she were here, the clans might have obeyed her."

"But seeing that there's no commander to rule us, war it is." Indra finishes, as Clarke stares at me.

𖥸

It wasn't long before everyone went there separate ways to prepare for battle. Clarke informed me that Qetsiyah was upstairs in Lexa's bedroom asleep from their journey back.