25

As soon as we reached the island, we were all quick to get to the underground compound where Raven was in. Once we entered the compound, we were faced with Raven, who stood at the bottom of the steps. She turned her attention to the seven of us, shocked and relieved to see us all there. Extremely shocked to see me here to save her as well. "What are you doing here?"

"We're not leaving you behind." Bellamy states, walking down the steps towards Raven.

"But there's no time to get back." Raven retorted, thinking back to the time that ticked away on the screen. After everyone embraced win Raven, I did too. She was surprised that I was here to help, but was glad none the less. Raven and I held a mutual understanding for each other.

"We're not going back, we're going up." Clarke informed them, causing me to look down towards the floor. As the group talked about how they'd survive up in space, I stood to the side listening in.

Echo, Emori and I didn't all fully understand what any of the things they said meant. It was hard to understand, seeing as we were all brought up differently. But that wouldn't stop me from helping them to prepare for their journey up to space.

Once the plan was put in action, everyone went off to start preparing for the launch. Echo and I remained close to each other, seeing as we knew each other better then we knew Emori. We were clueless on how exactly to help. Clarke told me about their technology, but I've never taken the time to familiarize myself with it.

As we were all making preparations, the giant screen in front of us all caught our attentions. The screen was broadcasting live footage of Polis and showed Praimfaya, as it began its destruction drastically. I stood not far from the steps, as everyone stood close to the screen to watch Polis be destroyed by the wave of radiation.

It wasn't until the footage turned to static on the screen that I allowed myself to think about it all. Walking out into Praimfaya would cause me damage, but it wouldn't kill me. If I stayed on earth when everyone went to space, I'd roam the earth alone and alive. Along with many other Nightbloods who survive.

Taking it all in, I sit down on the steps and try to breathe. Qetsiyah is safe in the bunker with Octavia and her people. That's all that mattered.

Raven started to go on mumbling to herself, listing off all the things they'd need to do. Praimfaya was getting closer and closer to the island and we needed to work faster. The sky people continued to go on about what preparations needed to be made, as Echo, Emori and I listened to them speak.

"Anyone here still need to be talked into this?" Bellamy spoke up, looking around at those near him. No one spoke up, so he turned to me as I sat on the steps. I didn't meet his gaze, which worried him. Instead, I took it upon myself to go back upstairs to get away from them all for just a moment. Bellamy sighed, watching my retreating form.

Clarke reared her hand on his shoulder, giving him a nod. "She's gonna be okay. We focus on the rocket and then worry about her." He nodded back towards Clarke, before they went off to begin the work that was needed to be done.

𖥸

After I finally seemed to calm myself, I walked back towards the control area. Once at the top of the stairs, I noticed Echo standing in front of the rocket, quite afraid of the contraption. I was too, it wasn't something I grew accustomed to. The closes thing I've seen to it was in the temple.

I crossed my arms over my chest, afraid to get close to the rocket. I wouldn't risk messing up something, I'd stand back until I was called over or needed. The girls down below seemed to have it under control.