4

My legs ached, but that didn't stop me

My legs ached, but that didn't stop me. I kept my pace, heading for the first village that I could think of to go to. Tondc, Lincoln's village. Once there, I would have a scout get word to Lexa that I am safe and need her here as soon as possible.

Thankfully, Marcus Kane gave me my weapons, as soon as he let me go. He's a foolish one. But I would speak with my sister, I would try to talk about it with her and see where it goes.

I make it back by nightfall, to be met with Nyko, alongside Artigas. I tell them everything, where I have been. It was unknown to me that Finn and Murphy were lurking and sneaking within the village. In hopes to find their friends.

As I spoke with the two, I couldn't help but notice how mature and big Artigas has gotten.

The last time I had seen, he was below my shoulders and still learning to throw a spear. Oh, how time has passed and he is now a warrior. Pride swelled within my heart, he would make a fit warrior and a good one.

If only I knew what was to come.

"Fire! Fire!" A woman shouts, ringing the bell to alert the village. All the older men and women in the village work fast to put out the fire. Artigas and I run over quickly to help.

As we all pitch in, helping to put out the fire, gunshots ring out.

My heart drops, as I hear the familiar voice of Finn. "Who's in charge here?!" He shouts, holding a gun to an elderly man. "I'll ask again, who's in charge here?!" Finn hours, when no one answers. I take a step forward, only for Nyko to push me back.

He walks out of the crowd, telling everyone to remain calm. I clutch onto Artigas's shoulder, pulling him behind me. I couldn't allow him to be hurt in any way shape or form.

Murhpy's eyes travels over the crowd, landing directly onto me. His eyes widen, surprised to see me here of all places. I place a finger over my lips, telling him to be quiet. I don't want him to make matters worse.

"Our leader isn't here. You can deal with me." Nyko states calmly.

"Nobody has to get hurt. We just want our people back."

"We don't have your people." Nyko responds, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Then you won't mind if we look around." Finn says, pushing the elderly man to the ground as he backed away.

𖥸

The sun rose not long ago, yet Finn wouldn't stop. This is a village made for the elderly and children, not hostages. Murphy piled us into a cage like area, forcing us to kneel. Waiting for the psycho to finish his wild goose chase for nothing. I stayed beside Artigas and
Nyko, not wanting to be far from the two that I knew best. Artigas stirred beside me, going to stand. I clutched onto his jacket, keeping him down.