19

Once the fire was handled, I made a make shift hut for Qetsiyah and I outside the walls of Arkadia. I'd leave her to rest there while I helped Clarke and her people. I made sure to leave a note beside her, so she'd know where to find me if necessary.

I stood beside Roan, as Monty explained to the men in the room what would happen to their ship. All that Monty seemed to retell to the group were bad news. Their ship was useless for Praimfaya.

"Forget the ark." Clarke says, as she enters to room, standing beside me. "It was never gonna save us all anyway. We need to focus our resources on the Nightbloods solution. Is the fuel loaded?" She states, putting her main focus on Nightbloods.

I move about, not comfortable with the topic being brought up.

"It's in process, but, Clarke, it isn't gonna be an easy ride." Bellamy sighs, looking from Clarke to me.

The blonde looks around the room, not caught up with certain things. "What don't I know?"

"With the secret of Praimfaya out, I sent echo and my army back to Polis to keep the peace." Roan informs her, only making me roll my eyes. Keep the peace my ass.

"That's good. We need peace to distribute the cure." Clarke shrugs it off, thinking the better of it.

I cross my arms over my chest, looking towards Clarke. "No, Clarke you aren't getting it." She furrows her brow, staring into my eyes.

Roam moves to stand beside me, only to make Bellamy tense up. "More than half of them deserted on the way. With the end coming, they want to be home."

Bellamy stares down at the metal table, commenting on something that'd hit home for me. "Do you blame them for burning Trikru villages as they go?" I scowl, turning my gaze to be floor. Finding my shoes to be rather interesting.

"That's funny coming from you. Especially after what you've done." Roan stabs at Bellamy, trying to ease the blame on himself.

"Enough." Kane tries to clear the air. "We know the woods are a war zone. After what happened with Ilian, I can't spare many of the guard to protect you."

"My security detail can protect us." Roan offers the group.

"Thank you. That's very generous."

He nods his head, "We are all in this together now." As soon as he has said his part, he leaves the room.

I'm the next to leave, knowing I'd have to wake Qetsiyah for our journey. "I'll go get Qetsiyah."

𖥸

Qetsiyah stands beside Roan and I, clutching onto my hand. "Bellamy, Eclipsa, Qetsiyah and I will lead the way in the rover. You and your men will ride in back with the fuel." Clarke instructs the king of Azgeda, only to get a rise out of one of his men.

Bellamy walls passed us, clearly something wrong with him. "It's time to go." He blankly says, proceeding forward to the rover. I pull Qetsiyah with me, walking not far behind him.

I open the back door of the rover for Qetsiyah, who stays planted in her spot. Afraid of the vehicle. Sighing, I kneel before her and put my hands on her biceps. "Hey, it's okay. I'll be riding in the back with you. It's like riding a boat." I smile softly, earning a small nod from her. She climbs in cautiously, trusting me.

"She's very quiet." Bellamy mumbles, seeing the exchange between me and my little one.

I turn to my right, to face him. "Yeah. This is all very new to her." He and I watch as she sits on the bench and fiddles with her sleeves. Patiently waiting for us to leave for our journey.