Foreword

Thank the cosmos for making you end up here and welcome to the old version of The Game, a fanfic about Peter Pan as a character in the show 'Once Upon a Time'.

Here are a few facts you should know before reading this book.

▬▬▬ ✷ ▬▬▬

'Old version'?

Yes, this is the first version of the book I ever published on Wattpad. Since I was a few years younger back then and had less experience (not that I am Shakespeare, now), I have decided to publish a new and edited version of The Game, which you will be able to find in my profile.

Why have you kept this old version?

I am very proud of my work because it has helped me improve my writing and take my English to another level. The readers I have had the pleasure to know and who have supported me during these years are completely amazing, and I wanted my very first work, with all its comments and votes, to still be available to read. Therefore, it is very likely that this version will contain grammar or spelling mistakes (of course, the new one may too).

Which version should I read?

That is always up to you. The new version of The Game is currently going through a slow process of editing, but it will be published. Chapters will be longer and I will try to do my best to correct any mistakes and improve a little bit my style. However, if you decide to read this old version, you must know it is not finished and never will be. The ending of The Game will be revealed in the new version.

Anything else I should know?

I am not a professional writer (I wish!) and English is not my first language. I decided to write this fanfic being very young for pure pleasure, and I have never aspired for it to be the best book in OUAT fanfiction. I write because I have a wonderful time and because I want you to enjoy yourselves too. That is all.

How can I support you in any way?

1. Please, be patient.
I understand I have been away for a very long time and some of you must be eager to find out how the story ends. For old readers: I will not ask you to stay if you don't feel like it, because I completely understand. Just read and do whatever you enjoy. If you decide to stay, however, you should know the story won't be out in a month. So patience is all I ask.

2. Of course, let me know if you enjoy the story.
Votes and comments are always welcome and I love the feedback. You inspire me to continue writing and sometimes even give me ideas which I include in the storyline.

3. Please, don't plagiarise my work.
It is very hard to come up with your own original ideas, and seeing them stolen or shared in other sites is just heart-breaking.

Thank you for understanding.

▬▬▬ ✷ ▬▬▬

Whatever your choice is, I do hope you enjoy reading The Game.

So now... let's play.

                                                          -A.