BSM #7: Niall (18): Admission

Niall walked up to you and hugged you from behind wishing you good luck. Greg, mom and dad were all back in Ireland, and couldn't fly out to the states for this one moment, especially because you were guaranteed to get it, but you were still nervous.

You had lived with Niall for a couple years now, since you were 15, and he loved having you around, especially cause you moved in right around when the band was going on hiatus. You had a decent time in high school, but focused on acting and singing while you were there. You knew it was your passion, and you were very good at it, getting the lead role in the musical and play both, two years in a row. You were the best in your acting class, and Niall helped coach your voice, making all your notes flow and sound a bit more eloquent.

You had already interviewed with the school three times, and they loved you, telling you that your chances were high when it came to getting in. That's why you hadn't applied to any other school, you knew this was your only option. But still, somehow, you were nervous. And you had every right to be. The school had only a 12% admissions rate, which was low, but it was perfect for you. It was a smaller school, yet well known, and you could still live with Niall because his house was only 15 minutes away. It was perfect. But nothing is ever perfect, is it?

The letters came out at 8am, but you got up at 6:30 to do yoga and try your best to de-stress. Niall got up and made you your favorite breakfast, and cancelled all his plans in the morning. It was nearly eight, about 2 minutes till, so you had Niall sit in the living room, and you went into the office alone, eagerly awaiting 8am. Then it happened: after refreshing the page about 20 times, there it was, "view changes to your admission status."

You exhaled shakily, nervous for what was to come. You clicked on the arrow next to the words and waited for the page to load. You thought of how great it would be when you finally knew you were admitted. And those 10 seconds it took for the page to load felt like the longest 10 seconds of your life.

-Shift to Niall-

In the other room, Niall was anxiously awaiting your reaction. When the clock hit 8, he turned the tv off, listening for any noise indicating anything, hoping the best for his baby sister.

-Shift to y/n-

Then the page loaded. You took another shaky breath and started to read the words on the computer screen. "Dear y/n Horan, we are so excited to offer you admission..." It went on, but you stopped reading. You didn't even know how to react. To laugh, to scream, to run and go get Niall, you didn't know. But your inner, over-emotional self did. And you could finally let go of your stress and you started to cry from joy.

-Shift to Niall-

Niall didn't hear anything and it was now 8:01. He was a little nervous, so he apprehensively walked toward the office door which you had shut. He didn't know if the page simply hadn't loaded, you had gotten in, or the worst: you hadn't. He slowly creaked open the door to see your knees curled up to your chest on the chair, head down, sobbing.

"Oh sunshine" he said sympathetically, thinking you had not got in. He was surprised, you were a shoe-in for the school, he had been coaching your voice and it was truly beautiful. Secretly he felt that your voice was better than his own.

He walked over to you and picked you up letting you cry in his shoulder. You brought your head up and looked at him, realizing that he had the wrong idea. "Niall—" you said, trying to tell him you were happy. "No sunshine, it's okay, let it all out." He said, slowly placing your head back on his shoulder. You pulled your head back up, "No, Niall—," you said, as he looked confused, "I got in."

713 Words.