BSM #9: Liam (14): Distracted (Part 2)

You sat down across from Liam and a waitress took your drink orders with both you and Liam getting an orange juice.

"What're you gonna eat bub" you asked him, wondering what you were gonna eat as well.

"I was thinking the strawberry crepes" he said with a smirk on his face. On one of the first Sunday brunches, you had ordered the strawberry crepes, and later that day you figured out you were allergic to strawberries, but you loved them.

"Not fair," you gave him a goofy glare, "I'll get the blueberry ones instead."

The waitress looked at you both when you were giving her your order, and she had a weird look on her face.

"You look kinda like Harry Styles," she told him and then turned to you, "and you look famous but I'm not sure why." Of course, it couldn't be the countless times you've been in movies or the fact you were starring on a hit sitcom right now, you thought to yourself.

She walked away and you looked at Liam, laughing. "Wow! I can't believe I'm sitting across from Harry Styles!" You said sarcastically.

"Stop it," he said laughing, "I think you—." He was cut off by the ring of his phone in his pocket.

"I really have to take this" he said looking down at his phone.

"Do what you have to do." You said, shrugging your shoulders. You were disappointed, but you wouldn't show it, you were just happy to be with your brother.

You sat there for about 20 minutes while Liam took the call, stirring your orange juices with your straw, really bored. At some point the waitress came by and dropped off your food. You looked over at Liam, who was still talking on his phone in the corner. You were visibly disappointed now, all you wanted was to spend time with your brother. But he was so distracted.

He finally came over and sat down after half an hour of being on the phone, and his face changes when he saw how upset you were.

"I'm so sorry, y/n. It was really important, and I tried to push it off but it—" he trailed off, looking at you with genuine regret.

"It's fine." You whispered, your voice cracking, your head staring down at your crepes. He knew how much these brunches meant to you and he felt horrible. The rest of the meal was silent and the car ride home was too.

You walked into the house, Liam in front of you. He opened the door, and you walked in behind him, only for him to close it and trap you into an intense stare.

"Look, love I'm really sorry about today and I should've not taken the call and—" but you cut him off as you sobbed into his arms. He hugged you tight and made sure you knew he was there. He held you while you cried for almost five minutes, and he was breaking inside the whole time.

"I miss you Liam." You looked up at him in tears. "We live in the same house and sleep less than 50 feet from each other, but it's like we live in two different worlds." Your voice broke now. Liam held you close for a little longer and you two watched movies together for the rest of the day.

563 Words.