BSM #21: Liam (16): When you cry, I cry

705 Words

"He's homophobic. He's sexist. He's racist. He's trash. His music is bad. He's a piece of human trash. Just like you."

That's all you heard, all day, everyday. You had no clue why people were constantly hating on Liam. He hadn't offended anyone. You looked into it once, and all the instances where he was "offensive," it was things taken out of context, like a joke in an interview.

And yes, his music isn't for everyone, but you shouldn't hate on someone for something that has zero affect on you. Zero affect.

You were so sick and tired of people complaining to you about Liam, online, and in real life. All your friends had started to leave you, because the false rumors about Liam were spreading like a wildfire. It was none of their business anyway.

Liam came home suddenly last night. He couldn't handle it anymore. You heard him crying to your mum downstairs about all the hate he's getting. You felt horrible for him. He didn't deserve this. Especially right after his debut album dropped.

The next day, you and Liam did stuff together because you hadn't seen him in a while, and you completely ignored the fact that you heard Liam crying last night. He loved being the strong older brother and it would kill him if he knew he was "weak" in front of you. It didn't matter though, because no matter what, he was always going to be the strongest person you knew.

You and Liam went shopping, played laser tag, and went home and watched movies. It was truly an amazing day you had with your brother.

On the way home from laser tag, you two were talking like nothing was wrong. You talked about careless, innocent things, and not the fact that you both were getting hate about nothing. Well, he didn't even quite know you were getting the hate about nothing too. You were not about to tell him.

During the movie, Liam was on his phone, looking at Twitter.

"Liammmmmm." You whined. He knew you wanted him to get off his phone.

"Stop looking at that stuff." You said, but he kept scrolling and reading on his phone. You couldn't see exactly what he was looking at, but you got up and moved to a different part of the room to show that you really were annoyed with him being on his phone.

"Wait, love, come here, I'm sorry." He said quietly, almost in a whisper, as he paused the movie and the room went silence. You sat next to him, and saw he was looking at a hashtag on twitter. It was #y/npayne. And it was all hate for you.

"I—I didn't realize that you were, um, getting all this hate too" he mumbled.

"Yeah but we both know it's over nothing." You said with a strange sense of hope in your voice, looking up at him.

"I guess." He said, his voice cracking as he read a tweet that made his heart drop.

"Listening to Liam Payne's music isn't torture. It's the fact that his little sister y/n exists."

He sat there, speechless. You read the tweet and tears started to well up in your eyes. You hadn't let the hate get to you before, but something about this one just hit different.

You got up from the couch, and went to your room in tears. You didn't want Liam to see you cry.

"Y/n! Wait up!" Liam blurted out as he followed you to your room after he realized you were crying. He opened the door you had slammed carefully to see you sitting on the floor in the corner of your room sobbing.

"Love, please stop crying," he said, sitting next to you on the floor. You laid your head on his shoulder and your crying stopped, your breathing leveling out.

"It's just sometimes it gets to me." You whispered. You looked up into his eyes, seeing a tear roll down his cheek.

"Why are you crying, Li?" You asked, wiping the tear off his cheek.

"When you cry, I cry," he said, sniffling and placing a kiss on your forehead.

A/N: Thank you so much for 3k!