Chapter 41

🥀

Zarena

When people would see us right now, they would say we look perfect. We look like the couple they wish for. But I know better. Because heaven knows that we have a situation going on right now.

Sariwang-sariwa sa ala-ala ko ang bawat salitang binitawan ni Luke kagabi. The firm tone in his voice and the expression on his face was enough to make me feel so unsure of my decision.

Dahan-dahan kong hinaplos ang pisngi niya. He's asleep. Pero kahit tulog siya, mahigpit ang hawak niya sa akin. Even his arms have their own mind to secure themselves around me.

I concentrated my eyes on his face. With his eyes closed and peaceful-looking face, I'll be happy to see him this peaceful when he wakes up and see me. Last night he took me a couple of times proving how insanely insatiable he is.

And through and through, I haven't protested a single bit. Yes because I wanted it. I wanted him. And I enjoyed him making love to me, I cannot deny that. His touches and kisses, I don't want any of that to disappear.

I felt him move.

At unti-unti, nagmulat siya ng mga mata. His eyes bore to mine, withdrawing my soul from my own body.

He didn't smile. Nor did he show any reaction. And that managed to make me want to look away. But I didn't.

"Good morning" Mahinang sambit ko tsaka ko naramdaman ang paghigpit ng hawak niya sa baywang ko. His other arm was my pillow.

I felt him place a soft kiss on my forehead. "Morning" his voice sounded different unlike the tone that I usually hear everytime we wake up.

Naglakbay ang kamay ko pababa sa dibdib niya. I moved closer and nuzzled my face on his chest. Isiniksik ko lalo ang sarili ko.

His rugged breathing reached my ears.

"Anong gusto mong kainin pang-agahan?" mahinhin ang tono ng boses ko. My fingers began drawing invisible shapes on his bare chest.

Wala akong narinig na sagot. That's why I looked up.

He was just staring at me. Na para bang nag-iisip siya ng malalim. The way he is staring at me right now makes me want to hide under the covers. It's completely different. Na para bang tinatago na niya ang ekspresyon niya mula sa akin. He's hiding his emotions for me not to read him. And that is completely new. Because he was always transparent in front of me. He always lets me read his emotions. And always lets me know how he feels.

Now... I don't know.

Nagbaba ako ng tingin upang hindi niya makita ang ekspresyon sa mukha ko.

"Please say something" I muttered. My voice almost sounding like it's floating on thin air.

With my head resting on his chest, I can hear the beating of his heart. His heart that he told me I own.

But I chose to break that heart. And that makes me an enemy of our relationship. That makes me so damn stupid for telling him to let me go in front of his face.

Mali ba ang desisyon kong pakawalan siya?

But I'm doing it for his own good too. Mali pa rin ba iyon?

Rinig ko ang pagbuntong hininga niya. "Let's get up"

Napapikit ako sa tono ng boses niya. There was no emotion injected into it.