Week 3 - Let's Make Love

Let's make love
All night long
Until all our strength is gone
Hold on tight
Just let go
I wanna feel you in my soul
Until the sun comes up
Let's make love
----Let's Make Love, Faith Hill & Tim McGraw

Week three
Your baby is smaller than a poppy seed.

August 29, 2021

"You're staying for dinner, right?" Jack Callahan asked his daughter and son-in-law.

"Dad, we haven't been home," Cait told him.  "I have to work tomorrow.  We just wanted to pick up the dog."

"And if you haven't been home, that means you don't have anything made for dinner," Jack pointed out reasonably.  "So stay for dinner and then go home.  We'll eat a little early if you want.  And I bet your boss would forgive you coming in a little late tomorrow."

"You aren't my boss, Dad," she reminded him.

"No, but I'm his boss," Jack chuckled. 

"And I try not to play that card," Cait returned.  Working for Mark Dalton wasn't always easy. But he'd been fair with her. And she was learning a lot.

"C'mon, sis," Connor added his plea to the mix.  "I've barely seen you this week with school starting."

Cait looked over at Grayson, who was distracted by the reunion with his dog. Shooter was practically in his lap and was happily running his tongue over Grayson's whole face, making Cait roll her eyes.

"Fine," she sighed. "Dinner it is."

*****

They did have an early dinner.  And Cait hustled Grayson and Shooter out afterward.  It looked like a thunderstorm was rolling in anyhow. 

It had started by the time they got home, so Grayson pulled under the carport and they got out.  Cait took the dog and Grayson got their bags from the back. 

"Whew," he breathed out, as he shut the side door.  "It's about to let loose out there."  A rumble of thunder punctuated his statement.

Cait took her bag and headed to the bedroom to unpack while Grayson got the dog's food and water arranged in the laundry room.  But she suddenly realized that her bag could wait.  Relax, Sherry had said.  Maybe tonight was the perfect night for that. It was raining, after all.

She quickly slid out of her clothes and into one of Grayson's shirts.  She put some jazz on the house's sound system.  And as she walked back toward the kitchen, she flipped on the fireplace in the family room.  Where they also had a large, comfortable couch.

Cait walked into the kitchen to see her husband, who had heard the music and was standing there with a smile on his face.  "Are we trying to make a baby?" he asked.

But to his surprise, Cait shook her head.  She walked to get a bottle of wine and two glasses.  Grayson hesitated but reached for the corkscrew, taking the bottle from her.  "Tonight is about us, Gray," she said softly.  "I miss us being together just because we love to be together, not because we're worrying about a baby."

Grayson gave her a soft smile.  "We have been kind of task oriented, haven't we?" he said quietly.

"Yes, we have," Cait told him.  "We're both impatient about this.  And that's okay.  But tonight, I just want to have a romantic evening with my husband.  Just the two of us. So open that bottle.  And let's enjoy this."