Week 33 - Shape Of You

Oh I oh I oh I oh I oh
I'm in love with your body
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with the shape of you
——Shape Of You, Ed Sheeran

Week Thirty Three
Your baby is as big as a butternut squash

March 26, 2022

"And you promise I can hold them before Marvin?" Wendell asked for the third time.

"I promise that you will both get plenty of opportunities to hold them," Cait said, mostly patiently. "Wendell, you've gotta go. You can come visit sometime after they're born, okay? And I'll make sure that Luke lets everyone know what's going on. He can tell J-Rob and you'll know everything in no time flat."

Cait had gone to the Grizzlies game against the Bulls, since it was a Saturday night and she'd rested during the day.  Grayson was still out, but she'd gotten to see Wendell play.  But now she was tired again.  Hauling these twins around was getting seriously exhausting.

"Next time I see you, you'll be a real Mama," Wendell sniffled. "I'm so happy for you and Cap."

"Thank you, Wendell," Cait said, patting his cheek. "Now go with your team. We'll talk soon, okay?"

"Can I touch them one more time?" he asked.

Cait really, really wanted to roll her eyes. But she nodded and Wendell set his bag down and spread both of his large hands across that ever expanding baby bump. "Be good for your Mama, little twin babies," he said. "Take good care of her."

One of them, Cait thought it was Jackson, responded with a kick and Wendell got a big grin. Grayson strolled out of the locker room to see Wendell giggling and patting Grayson's wife and he sighed. He was getting tired of people touching her. He could only imagine that Cait was totally sick of it.

"Cap, one of 'em kicked again," Wendell said excitedly.

"So that's at least the eighth time you've felt it," Grayson responded dryly. 

"It's just so cool," Wendell grinned at them. 

Neither Grayson nor Cait could help but smile at that.  Cait hugged Wendell one last time.  "Go," she said, giving him a push.  "Before they leave without you."

Wendell nodded and hugged both of them before grabbing his bag and taking off down the hallway.  "Before Marvin!" he yelled over his shoulder.  "You promised!"

Cait did roll her eyes now, but turned to kiss her husband.  "They never change," she murmured. 

"That's okay," Grayson smiled at her.  "I miss the kids sometimes.  I'll deny it if you ever tell them I said so.  But I do."

"Well, you're about to have new kids to deal with," she smiled at him. 

Grayson's large hand landed on that baby bump and he returned her smile.  "And it'll be even better," he whispered, pressing a kiss to her head.

*****

March 29, 2022

"It can't be morning already," Cait sighed. But there wasn't anyone to hear her.