Week 19 - Love At First Sight

Don't be scared of what you might see there
The first time I saw you, I knew love at first sight must be true, so true, oh so true
And now I just have to explain why I feel this way
I feel joy, I feel pain
You're in my heart and it's tearing me apart
'Cause I love you, I love you, I love you
——Love At First Sight, Michael Buble

Week Nineteen
Your baby is the size of a mango

December 18, 2021

"Why do I have to take the cookies over to the Andersons?" Grayson grumbled. "Can't Connor do it?"

"Connor is doing his homework," Cait told him. "He's going to that dance at school tonight and his big, mean sister is making him do his homework before he goes."

"You mean I could get out of this dance if I just don't do my homework?" Connor asked, picking his head up from the physics book his nose had been buried in.

"Why don't you want to go to the dance?" Cait frowned at him.

"Because, like G,  I don't dance," he snarked. "I'm only going because all of my friends literally insisted. I was willing to go to Detroit with Dad and Joan to get out of it but Dad wouldn't let me skip school."

"You'll have a good time once you get there," Cait told him, causing Connor to roll his eyes behind her back.

Connor was staying with them for most of the week, because Jack and Joan had gone to spend some time with Luke and Rae before the holidays and wouldn't return until late Wednesday. Olivia was visiting Detroit too, and Cait knew that it was rare that Joan got both of her daughters in the same place. And Cait was perfectly happy to have Connor with them. The only downside was that it made it a little more difficult to get his Christmas gift ready. But she was counting on Will and Sherry to give her a hand with that when they arrived.

Cait had picked Connor up from school and they'd gone to Grayson's game the night before. The Grizzlies had been playing the Trailblazers, so Cait had gotten to see Gary Trent, which she'd enjoyed. And other than film and recovery, Grayson was actually off today before leaving the next day for a one game trip to Oklahoma City.

Cait had plenty to do with the holidays approaching and with Grayson's parents due to arrive in a few days.  Grayson had to leave on Christmas night, had a game the next night in Indianapolis. Then he'd be on to Chicago and Detroit.

Cait was planning to meet him in Chicago, because Wendell was insistent that she come. And then she would be going to Detroit, anxious to see Luke and Rae. Her father, Joan and Connor would be in Colorado, anyhow. Jack had given up on spending Christmas in Colorado, because Connor always preferred to be with Cait and Grayson.  But they spent New Year's there, the party having moved to that holiday.  And Cait and Grayson always spent New Year's alone together. 

But right now, Cait was focused on her brother, as she boxed up cookies. She had a feeling that she was missing something.

"Do you have a hot date for tonight?" Grayson asked.

Connor squirmed and turned pink. "Not really," he mumbled.  But he shot his brother-in-law a glare. 

"What does that mean?" Cait asked, frowning.