Ch#11

The room was dimly lit with a few flickering candles for illumination. The bookshelf was covered in dust and the books looked old while the text on them was faded.

A study desk lay in the corner of the room. It was piled with books, quills, papers and a coffee mug placed in a corner.

The room had an old watercolour painting. The painting of a beautiful garden. The walls were covered in a cream coloured paint and a huge window in the corner displayed the beautiful evening scene.

An old lady sat on a maroon chair, her patchwork cloak wrapped around her.

The moonlight made the wrinkles on her ancient face more prominent.

She opened a drawer and took out a small wooden box.

It was painted in various colours, blending smoothly together. In the middle of the lid was a small purple jewel.

She opened it carefully. The box creaked a bit and then opened.

She took an envelope from beside her and quickly scribbled a few words in thick black ink and after examining it for a while, she put it in the box.

Next, she took out a small booklet from the desk and placed it in the box on top of the letter.

Then, she carefully took out a small box from her desk and opened it. Inside, lay two beautiful couple rings.

They had purple jewels on them. She smiled and closed them after placing a small note in the box.

Lastly, she took out another letter and scribbled the words: not for Jimin.

She placed it inside and closed the wooden lid with great precaution as though it was a fragile decoration piece that would split into pieces at the slightest force.

She held the wooden box in her bony hands and looked at it, her eyes filled with tears.

A single tear escaped her eye and landed on the box, on top of the jewel.

She smiled and gently lay the box down on the table.

There it sat, on the lacquered table, glistening in the candle light.

The women quietly went out of the house and made her way to the garden.

Her gaze fell on the oaken swing that hung by the cherry blossom tree.

She smiled as memories flooded her mind and she let them consume her completely.

She opened her eyes and once again found herself in the familiar garden. She walked towards the swing and gently caressed it.

Her gaze found theold cherry blossom tree and saw a few words carved into the wood.

They read: This is where it all started.

She traced the words with her fingers and unknowingly a couple of tears streamed down her cheeks.

She smiled.

The cat bird flew past her and settled on her shoulder.

It rubbed it's beak on her cheeks as though trying to wipe her tears.

She let out a soft chuckle and kissed the bird's beak while gently stroking its head.

The bird chirped happily.

A/N:

Hiya
Here's today's double update.
Hope you guys like it
Sorry for any grammar and  spelling mistakes.
I'm grateful that you guys r reading this book.
Thanku😘

The rings picture on top of the page is what the couple rings look like.