Ch#15

Jimin sat near the transparent glass wall, waiting for her.

These days, whenever he saw her, he felt something different. Something he had never felt before. He didn't know this feeling and had no idea whether he should trust it or not. Strangely enough, it felt.. . good.

His heart always yearned to see her, hear her voice, make her smile. He was always eager too drift off to dreamland just so he could gaze upon her majesty.

Whenever he saw her, he felt a million butterflies in his stomach which sometimes even made him nervous.. .but in a good way. He felt warm and happy. He couldn't help smiling.

He waited there, staring into the distance, aiting for any sign of her presence on the opposite side of the  wall that separated them both.

He still hadn't figured out who the people in the sketch were. The one he had never ever seen in his life, never heard of them and never even known them, yet still his hand drew that sketch. The sketch of two lovers, separated by a barrier.

He felt a rush of emotions. The picture clearly showed how much they loved each other. Their hearts beated for each other but maybe the universe didn't want them together.

He would sometimes imagine him and Y/N in the sketch instead of those two unfamiliar faces. But that thought seemed distant.

They were just friends, he always told himself.

Then why did he have strange feelings around her?

Y/N appeared in the distance.

Her appearance wiped off all the traces of confusion from his face, replacing them with happiness.

He gave her a big warm smile which she returned. They stopped on either side of the wall.

Jimin wasn't much cheerful because of his grandmother's news and Y/N noticed.

"Death is nothing but the beginning of a new life."

Jimin locked eyes with her. The eyes could easily get lost in forever. He feared that if he looked too closely he might sink into those two pools. He would not be able to swim and would drown. But something told him that he really wouldn't mind drowning.

"That's what halmeoni told me," he said.

"And she was right."

Jimin put his hand on the wall and looked at it. Nothing happened.

"Will there alwa..."

But he was cut off by Y/N.

"Yes, a wall has to be there. You see, we are from different.. .realms. I am your dream, your imagination."

"Then why do I see you everyday in my dreams and why do you feel so real?" Jimin asked in a hushed tone.

"Because you want to," was all she said before Jimin woke up to the voice of his alarm clock.

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

His eyes shot open.

The curtains were open and the blinding light shined brightly which hurt his eyes. It was a normal sunny day but he spotted a few clouds, indicating that it would rain soon. This lifted his mood a lot. He loved rain.

The way it would wash everything away.As though the world was pure again.

He loved playing in the rain. Getting soaked completely in rain drops and splashing in the water. His grandmother would always take him for walks in the rain.

He gulped at the thought of his grandmother. All the events of yesterday suddenly started invading his mind. But then, he remembered
Y/N.

Her words.

"Death is nothing but the beginning of a new life."

He felt calm and relaxed after that. At least he had Y/N. So what if they had a transparent glass wall between them, at least he could always see her.

Just the thought of her comforted him.

After putting on some clothes, he walked down for breakfast. What he saw there was not what he had expected.