Ch#28

As the days kept on passing, Jimin's belief in Y/N's existence increased.

He would always think of her but something that happened in his school caused him to think otherwise.

Jimin along with the Bangtan members and their girlfriends were having a lunch when all of them started acted unusually cute towards their respective girlfriends.

Jin crept near his, occasionally planting soft kisses on her cheeks, nose, forehead and lips, earning giggles and shy eye rolling from her as he back hugged her and played with a strand of her hair.

Namjoon and Hannah were busy taking selfies, posing cutely which Taehyung texted his girlfriend rapidly. Hoseok and Chaerin were stabbing forks in their pasta and shoving it in each other's mouths.

Even Yoongi was acting adorable, showing off his gummy smile which his girlfriend Yoora adored. Jungkook was busy on the phone with his girlfriend who was on vacation. He laughed and made kissy noises.

It seemed to Jimin that he was the only one left. He felt a strange loneliness.

He could be here with Y/N.
He should be.

"I'm not an illusion babe. I'm real," Taehyung sent his girlfriend a voice message.

An illusion.

Jimin felt a prang of jealousy. It wasn't fair. Y/N was supposed to be here.

"I have a pile of homework," Jimin said as he walked out the cafeteria without looking back.

He wiped his tears on his sleeve and ran to his grandmother's garden. There, he sank to his knees and let out his emotions. Tears.

They were like salvation. As though his grief was rolling down his cheeks in the form of burning hot liquids.

He coughed violently and repeatedly hit his chest, in hopes of clearing his airways. But the grief had decided to stay.

Rather than sliding away like his tears, it had settled in his chest, making his heart feel heavier. His breathing was harsh and his shrill cries were painful to hear.

He thought he was going crazy. One moment she was there and the next.. .gone.

Did she not love him?

Did she not cherish him like he cherished her?

Was the bond they shared just a child's play to her?

It hurt him more than he knew he was capable of getting hurt. He should have been dead by now.

Grief is an immense sorrow caused by losing someone.

Jimin wanted her.

No. He needed her.

They had made a promise to be together.

Did the promise mean nothing to her?

Maybe promises really are meant to be broken.

Jimin didn't know if he was even normal anymore. He seemed more like a psychopath and often felt like one. The familiar purple butterfly settled on his palm.

"So you're the sacred symbol huh? Not real though. If you really were then I would have met someone special by now," Jimin felt anger flaring up inside him.

He slapped the butterfly away and as soon as the little winged creature flew away, he felt guilty.

What was he doing?

"I'm crazy," he sobbed.

Jimin felt all his energy drain from his body as his tears dropped down.

He felt a soft feminine hand on his shoulder.

"Jimin."

That voice.

"Y/N."