Prologue, The Beginning.

| PROLOGUE •

Change seems to be inevitable in the Summer of 79'

Afros are being chopped off and lustered with this
new product on the market, Soul Glo. Bell bottoms are being replaced with retro-styled short shorts; neon colors are the new thing for makeup and clothing. The '70s era is coming to an end as it paves the way for a new decade. This always seems to happen when life gets bored with the same ole thing, and one thing about life is that it doesn't stay the same forever.

Life is never complacent; it's never content with being the same. That's why it changes continuously, and this is how the world learns to adapt.

Michael and Abhaya, best of friends since middle school, never had a problem adapting to change. It wasn't a struggle for them to get acclimated with newer situations, unlike others.  Change was good in their opinions; it was necessary up until the night of a high school graduation party.

A drunken kiss shared between the two sparks up a sudden romantic interest in Abhaya's heart while it pushes Michael, who is already caught up in a love triangle with two other women, away. Unable to get over the kiss. Abhaya, a tenacious young woman, takes it upon herself to make Michael fall in love with her before the Summer is over.

Different love schemes conjured up by Abhaya with the help of certain friends and an eccentric sister places her in an adventurous Summer as she deals with a dysfunctional family, unconventional friends, unrequited love, and a transition from a young girl to a young woman- All before she goes off to college.

As the inevitability of change consumes both Michael and Abhaya's lives; Love, heartbreak, and tragedy bring them closer than ever before.

Who knew a kiss would lead to a Summer as unorthodox as this?