22. Tell The Truth, Shame The Devil

NINETEEN SEVENTY-NINE

Author

7:25 AM

Michael stood before a casement window, lost in
his thoughts. His mind was consumed with unwanted images of Johnny Rose being intimate with Lily.

He tried to stop them from taking over his mind, but the depictions he imagined wouldn't go away.

He was disgusted, disgusted with Lily. She was horrible, absolutely horrible. Michael knew Lily had her faults but what Abhaya unknowingly disclosed made him genuinely see just how evil and vile she was.

She knew. Michael thought to himself with a slight laugh. Lily knew that Michael and Abhaya were very close friends, but that didn't stop her from doing what she did.

Sleeping with him and Abhaya's dad—putting Michael in such a fucked up situation that it was almost unreal.

Michael turned away from the window to look back at Abhaya. She was sleeping on the left side of her body with one of her arms propped underneath her neck.

Michael walked over towards the twin-sized bed as quietly as possible, not wanting to wake her. He pulled a black duvet over her trembling body and smiled a bit as he watched her snuggle into the warmth of the duvet. A sigh was emitted from between his lips as he debated on whether to tell Abhaya about the situation when she woke up.

How would I even begin...

Different scenarios of what could potentially happen played out in his mind. Everyone was worse than the last. Michael knew in his heart that he should be straight up with Abhaya, but he was scared. He was fucking terrified. Terrified of losing Abhaya.

The gloominess of the sky was a representation of Michael's feel current state of emotions.